Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Toyata Celica Gt 4 Turbo V Is 200.

i had a go in my mates toyota celica gt 4 turbo last nite,he has an upgraded ecu and launch control,other bits added too.300 bhp plus,i set off with launch control and couldnt peel my head off the headrest.they are wicked.what a difference between the 2 ltr lex,even with a charger the lex wouldnt be anyware near.real fast car,nice.when the turbo kicks in its unreal.wonder if the lex is that quick with the turbo on. :)

the GT4 is a wicked car hard to find now in good nick and decent miles .they did a special edition but i can't remeber what it was .

it is mate,if my lex had that sort of pull i would be well chuffed. :)

i was supprised at the size of the front end on these cars,its huge,not my cuppa,like a capri to drive ;) :) but quick :o

a capri? see you are old dave :lol:

one of my teachers had a gt4, they're great but like you say not my cuppa either

I had this when i test drove the soarer!! Fell in love with it... nearly forgot to collect my hairpiece off the back seat! :lol::lol:

Turbo boost is shweet!

isnt it just :o and less of the old wosket,ancient it should be :lol:

the GT4 is a wicked car hard to find now in good nick and decent miles .they did a special edition but i can't remeber what it was .

"Carlos Sainz" dude ;)

i liked the one they did up until p reg ,had one then upgraded to the newer round headlight type ,liked that two nice car to drive very sweet gearbox ,besty i can see the comparism with the capri but it did hold the road a little better

i liked the one they did up until p reg ,had one then upgraded to the newer round headlight type ,liked that two nice car to drive very sweet gearbox ,besty i can see the comparism with the capri but it did hold the road a little better

years ago i drove the 2.8 capri.that was real fast too,scary even :o

f**k me i use to have a 2.8 capri  ;)

this was brand new,straight out the box.they were nice in them days. :winky:

yer mine was only 1yr old in white, i use to race xr3,gtis and toyota gti 16v, **** in bends but ok in stright line

Always wanted the last ones they did (the ST205) but they dropped them from the UK's model lineup in 96

Dropped along with the Supra TT :crybaby:

Very nice those Celicas although the interior wasn't the best. 240bhp standard, same engine as the MR2 Turbo, and easily boosted to 300bhp.

The 4 cylinder Altezza uses the non-turbo version of that engine.

years ago i drove the 2.8 capri.that was real fast too,scary even  :o

I saw a Capri 280 the other day!

They seemed fast in their day but they really weren't. Only 160bhp and a 0-60 of just under 8 seconds.

is that all they were colin,bloody ell,

The 4 cylinder Altezza uses the non-turbo version of that engine.

Kind of - the 3S-GE BEAMS in the Altezza is quite different to that in the Celica. Same block, i believe, but the BEAMS motor has VVTi, ultra light components (crank, pistons etc) and very high compression. As an engine it is more like the Type R/S2000 or Renault Clio Sport 2 litre (although the Clio Sport's 2 litre is not peaky like the Honda/Toyota motors, with excellent torque from 4000rpm)

Funny - i saw a silver ST205 on my way home from work tonight. They are quite rare down here in Oz too.