Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Induction Kit/cold Water Spray

BESTY

i seen on demon tweeks you can buy a cold water spray kit for cars that sprays a fine mist of cold water into the air intake .wouldnt this be a good idea with the induction kit as it wouldnt need lagged ,so too keep its bling looks.is this possible folks do ye think. ;) .

Do you mean the Aquamist kit Dave? It looks a worthwhile addition to any motor as inlet temps are lowered, but would probably provide the greatest effect on supercharged cars.

yeh that would be it gus,will one fit our cars then,

Normally only need to use water injection on high boost turbo installations to reduce detonation.

U sure oh high wizard ?

SAAB offered it on the 99 & 900 turbos back in the late 70's early 80's

Comes down to cooling the air for better combustion.

Does reduce intake temps and therefore increase air density and boost but it is mainly to control detonation. I know a lot of the modded Supras use the Aquamist system.

From Aquamist web site:

aquamist is ERL's latest generation

of water-injection equipment.

The main function of these systems

is to suppress detonation caused by

high temperature and pressure developed

within the combustion chamber when

the effective compression ratio has

been taken beyond the auto-ignition point

by either a turbo or a supercharger.

Water, with its high latent heat content,

is extremely effective for controlling

not only the onset of detonation but also the

production of oxides of nitrogen in

the modern leanburn engines.

ERL's latest products are designed with

great care to ensure each system meets the

highest standards of both electronic and

mechanical reliability.

You can also get methanol injection :whistling:

Slightly :offtopic: a Spitfire flew over my house y/day (private airshow :blush: )

So in 1939 we in sunny england had developed a VVT-I sytem (mechanical) supercharging and methanol injection............

think of what we managed in engine design after that :sick:

Water injection is helpful to supress detonation in turbo, s/c and n/a cars which suffer from this problem.

It can be used to extract more power by advancing the ignition timing, and using the w/i to supress detonation.

It can be used to lower cylinder and exhaust gas temperatures in conditions which are otherwise unsafe.

It can be used to spray externally onto an intercooler core to lower intake temperatures, as can be seen on the later scoobies and Evo's.

Personally I wouldn't recommend it on a standard car, but can be useful on modified cars

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links