Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Knocking Sound From Car?

just a quick post to see if anyone has had the same problem.

every time i turn a corner, usually right, i get a funny knocking sound from the nearside wheel area. could possibly be a suspension bush, or mabey a ball joint? anyone know?

Thanks

Jason. :)

hmm i have the same, although the knocking usually is preceded by a muffled sound..almost like 'help' 'help' this only occurs though when im driving out to a deserted spot up some country lane.....err have i gone off topic..

I have a problem like this too, only my car makes more of a creeking sound, sometimes knocks, and sounds like a coil spring being compressed, in total it sounds horrible, Ive had my lower ball joints changed, Ive changed the suspension. what else could it be?

the sound that im gettin is a clear knocking noise and a bit of a creak that can be heard form outside the car as people tend to look round at me or is that just cause i have a lexus :lol: (only joking).

i thought that it might be the bottom ball joint but if people have replaced this and the suspension and it still knocks then what is it? :unsure:

thanks

Jason.

hmm i have the same, although the knocking usually is preceded by a muffled sound..almost like 'help' 'help' this only occurs though when im driving out to a deserted spot up some country lane.....err have i gone off topic..

yeah, i get a similar thing from the back of the car.. strangely only after having a row with the missues :ohmy::whistling:

oh no what have i started, seems that everyone has this problem, should i replace the bottom ball joint then? or is there something else that will need changing?

thanks

Jason.