Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

75 Mpg And Quieter Than A Ls400!

Dropped my car off to Lexus Edgware Road yesterday for them to colour match the upper part of my bumper to the new paintwork following my accident (insurance paying for it).

Anyway, they give me a courtesy car, I expect an IS200 or similar. They give me a 53 reg Prius. Looks a bit odd, and spent 5 minutes trying to find the handbrake (it's one of those parking brakes that you activate AND release with your foot!!).

Anyway, it's amazingly quiet when it's just running on electric only. Very strange to hear your own heart beat when sitting inside the car!!!

Managed to get 75mpg driving around London last night. Pretty nippy too.

I'm well impressed. :lol::blush::blush:

Anyone ever owned one?

Did you manage to take it on a motorway or anything? I've heard it's really disappointing at high speeds (ie. you'll be lucky to get it above 60).

I think they go fast enough it's just the mpg figures come right down at high speeds. Certainly the case with the old model, think the new one is better.

Since this is a 53 reg, it's the second series with the 70 odd brake horsepower engine, supposedly when combined with the electric motor gives torque of 353lb/ft! Feels very swift indeed at low speeds.

Did take it on motorway, and kept up with flow of traffic, although cruising on flat at 70ish still was returning around 55mpg. The only bugbear on the motorway is that the steering does not stiffen up in the way other cars do at higher speeds, so a bit strange.

Around town it's superb. I would definitely consider one in the next few years as petrol prices/tax increase...

I found out today that the transmission, brakes and throttle are all drive by wire on this car, which is why it feels different too..

Last night, I was driving and the engine fault sign comes up (supposedly problem with the hybrid system), looked in the manual, and it says take to dealer! It's 10pm at night, so I decide to try putting in some petrol, and the engine fault light disappears. Why doesn't it just say low on petrol like a regular car?????

B) Keep up at the back! (Maneesh!) The supposed new RX300 from Lexus is going to be......a hybrid! So you can have a big minster AND be economic/ecologic!

You saw it here second! :zee: :)

B) Keep up at the back! (Maneesh!) The supposed new RX300 from Lexus is going to be......a hybrid! So you can have a big minster AND be economic/ecologic!

You saw it here second! :zee: :)

But the RX is hooooj and expensive - I hope the big L decide to bring out a hybrid IS.

You saw it here second! :zee:  :)

But the RX is hooooj and expensive - I hope the big L decide to bring out a hybrid IS.

Or y not transplant the RX400H block into IS? :whistling::hehe::whistling::unsure::blink:

Does the UK spec Prius have the cool automatic parking gadget like the Japanese model?

the Japanese ones parks hands free using a computer and video cameras

very cool :)

Does the UK spec Prius have the cool automatic parking gadget like the Japanese model?

the Japanese ones parks hands free using a computer and video cameras

very cool :)

Not the model I am driving. 56mpg in stop start early morning traffic today..only a short time before I'm back to 20mpg in the Lex!