Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Official Karting Thread

Fargo

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

right then, after a bit of discussion at the northen meet last weekend, i will be contacting the 3 sisters for a night of pure unadultarated passion!!!!!!! and also to see what dates are available cos we need to get it in before all the xmas stuff starts happening and the earlier the better for the weather.

so far we've got:

wosket

jedut (woskets mate)

besty

duncan

big paul (bestys bodyguard)

gordon

luke (gordons son)

steve (gordons fantastic mechanic friend)

stevel

brettster + lady friend

maz

necromax

and anyone else ive spoke to and left of the list( :blush: ) and who can make it to the 3 sisters circuit (just north of manchester) the last half of october.

c'mon fargo, last half of october ok for you?

Edited by Wosket

are any girls gonna be racing?

I got a Lady friend coming to vist me from Hong Kong around that time and she said she would be up for a bit of karting action too.

but she might feel a bit left out being the only girl there!!

ok peeps, sorry ive not been able to post this earlier, but ive only been to bed twice in the last 7 days due to a silly amount of work, and yes i do feel proper buggered.

just spoke to ian at the 3 sisters and there is a slight prob with availability, its an incredibly popular circuit and the earliest weekend date available is sat 4th december. 12.30 arrival for a 1pm start.

no sundays available this year :o

there are a few midweek dates available but i guess thats gonna be a problem for most of you because of work.

these dates/times are

mon 18 oct 5pm arrival for 5.30pm start

thurs 21 oct 5.30pm arrival for 6pm start

thurs 28 oct 5.30pm arrival for 6pm start

mon 8 nov 5pm arrival for 5.30pm start

mon 15, tues 16, wed 17 nov all 5pm arrival for 5.30 pm start

sat 4 dec 12.30 arrival for 1pm start.

prices and format are:

Grand Prix £40.00 (Exclusive to groups of 10 to 15 people). This race format is 5 minutes of practice, 5 minutes of timed qualifying (to set grid positions) and a 20 minute 'winner takes all' race.

Grand Prix Plus £50.00 (Exclusive to groups of 10 people minimum) This race format is 5 minutes of practice, 3 x 6 minutes heats and 2 x 7 minutes final. (The top drivers in an 'A' final the others in a 'B' final).

and the karts, well they're a bit like this!

Twin engined Pro Karts are considered the next step-up from indoor karting. They are professional racing machines now recognised as the first step on the motor racing ladder.

They are powered by 2 x unrestricted 160cc Honda 4 stroke engines and whilst they are capable of speeds up to 70 mph, are very simple to drive with 2 pedal (brake and accelerator) operation.

it is one of the fastest karting circuits in the uk and is fully floodlit.

so then, feedback on dates and times appreciated.

will open upto TOC if numbers dwindle, although, they didnt seem too keen last time cos the price was too high.

check the circuit out here

Edited by Wosket

well spotted gord, nov it is and has now been changed.

i think the dates are gonna be a problem so theres always daytona who i will ring when everyones let me know. thats an indoor circuit which might be better as the weathers changing?

oooh i say ,back on is it ,lovelly.now wheres my helmet  :)

I would like to know where you Caravan more Dave....Lol :whistling::whistling::lol::lol::lol::lol: JK :P :P

is that JK as in JK and Joel?

if it is then :lol::lol::lol: