Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Performance Modifications

markgize

Hello,

I'm hooked on my Soarer and its smooth delivery of power, and now I want even more of the same.

I don't want to change the appearance of the vehicle, that might give the game away, but I would like to reach around 330 BHP (up from the standard 280).

Has anyone out there modified there Soarer TT? If so, what did you do? Where did you get it done? How much did it cost? And what difference did it make?

I hope to reach my performance goal without making my Soarer into a roaring monster. Can this be done? Or will exhaust modifications make everyone realise whats been going on under the hood?

Thanks for your time.

Mark.

P.S. I live in west London by the way...

Hi

As the other guys say NOS is the cheapest way to give you loads more power. It is legal but your insurance company won't be keen (if you tell them of course :winky: ). NOS wizard kits are well respected and cost around the £500 mark. However, these kits can be found on e-bay a little cheaper (around the £300 - £400 mark). Here is the link for NOS Wizards site. http://www.noswizard.com.

Cheers

rastz9

Nos is probably the cheapest, and the quickest, but you still have to keep filling the bottle up. Change the exhaust,for something that flows a bit better, coustom made is the best way I think, I have a Greddy system on mine, and if you want to tune the car further it becomes restrictive. FMIC, the next step, look at a couple of sites in Aus as these work out quite cheap, and buy the biggest you can afford, 600x300x90 should about cover most of any future upgrades, you should also fit a hard pipe kit as well. Then get a boost controller and go for about 1.2 bar, you will have to fit an FCD to stop fuel cut, this will give you about 330bhp at the flywheel. The standard turbos are not surposed to like anything over 1 bar of pressure, I run mine for about 9months at this pressure and had no problems. This included a few trips down the drag strip and a couple of track days, have fun, but watch out it can become very addictive, and very expensive :D

Welcome Mark :D

For now, get a boost gauge fitted to see what your turbo's are doing, then fit a manual boost controller and take it upto 14 psi, but no further, as this i beleive is the max safe limit for the ceramic turbos, and boost cut.

Fit a de-cat, and replace rear box's with custom jobbies and this will take your Soarer to 330 bhp no sweat.

Search the other forums as well for advice on the air-intake box.

NOS is nice, but costly to run, you are likely to get ripped off on how much you pay for pound for a very cheap gas (that fast and furious film has ruined everything :crybaby: ).

Andy

1. Boost Gauge

2. Boost Controller

3. Decat

4. Straighten out the rear pipes

5. Intercooler or Water Injection

And you shouldn't be to far off with that done.

If you want bigger then it gets a lot more expensive :(.

Andy

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What age is your car? if its pre 94 then you can fit a decat pipe without worrying about refitting it for the mot, and do a bfi on the intake with a k&n panel filter, that may make it a little bit more growly but not to noticable, fit a fuel cut defender and a manual boost controler and run it up to 15psi, that should give you about 300 odd bhp give or take a bit with no visable differences outside an just a little louder! will cost 250 ish,

it would also be an idea to change your fuel filter and run some fuel system cleaner through to help it run as it should.

Without doing the exhaust you wont make the most of any other mods, you could change the exhaust downpipe, but cant say what difference that'd make, and just depends how much you want to spend, you can get some jdm supratt 440 injectors, which are a direct fit, walbro 255lph fuel pump, emanage, cams, a front mounted intercooler would be a good addition but is very visable, its possible you may be able to get a uprated sidemounted intercooler! just depends how much you want to spend an what you ultimately want from it!

• 1 year later...
I think NOS is a better option for us V8 owners really, TT owners have far more options available which probably prove to be better value for money.

WHAT BHP GAINS CAN BE ACHIEVED ON A '31 BY ADDING A BFI + EXHAUST?

I think NOS is a better option for us V8 owners really, TT owners have far more options available which probably prove to be better value for money.

WHAT BHP GAINS CAN BE ACHIEVED ON A '31 BY ADDING A BFI + EXHAUST?

the story goes that possibly 20 bhp is atainable but i have never seen any proof, i have done it and it certainly improves the performance but what the bhp gain is is anybodies guess.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
What age is your car? If it's pre 94 then you can fit a decat pipe without worrying about refitting it for the MOT.

Why is that :-)

Because of this VOSA flowchart (although it's July 1995 rather than 1994):

http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/htdocs/m3s07000307.htm

If you get your MOT man to list the car as modified then you don't need to re-fit the cat.