Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ten Of The Best 3

Fancy seeing Skyline's doing the 1/4mile in under 10sec's and topspeed run's over 200mph, Norris's design's Evo going sideway's through the cone's on the handling track, Fensport's car's giving it their all then this is the event for you.

It take's place on Sunday the 1st of August and the opening run's start at 10.30am but knowing you lot you like a bit of brekkie first so we are meeting up at 9 am at the Grey Horse Inn in Elvington for a 9.30am full english priced at £3 each, hmmm :D

Once finished we will be going in convoy to the airfield for the start of the day's event's and staying their until 1pm where we will leave in convoy once again to go back to the pub for a spot of sunday lunch(full unlimited cavery and sweet for £6.95 btw :winky: ). For those that are thinking they will be missing out on the events back at the airfield for that hour you won't really due to the heat but if you do want to stay then feel free to do so.

Ticket's are £20 each on the day with under 14's going free or £15+£1-50 p&p in advance from the TOTB website.

A map is available here to the Grey Horse Inn. Basically you turn of the A64 and go through Elvington Village and the pub is located on your left.

The TOTB3 website is available by clicking here.

Ken

hi all,

latest from chris mann

The following teams/groups will be represented at Redline TOTB3:

200Plus Club, MLR, GTR Register, GTIR’s, Supra's, Scooby’s (22b.com), 200SXOC, GT4OC, FDUK, CCCUK, GTOUK, PRG, RS Owners Club/Passionford, Viper Sport UK, IMOC, Jap Meets UK, skylineowners.com.

Additionally the following Tuners/cars will be in attendance:

Abbey Motorsport, Norris Designs, RC Developments, Calder Racing, Fensport, Coltco, Jeal Performance, TTS Performance, AET Turbo’s, AN Racing, Alltrack Performance, DP Motorsport to name a few. Around 120 top cars will be taking part. a partial entry list is attached, club reps may wish to advise of any changes to estimated power etc for the cars,or changes to drivers, email us if so.

There is still time to register a car for the event, drop us a line at

Enquiries@trackdayplus.com

New records set!

The recent test day for invite cars at Scoobyshootout (www.scoobyshootout.co.uk) saw some excellent practise times and speeds set in preparation for Redline TOTB3.

Two new records were set, both by Calder Racing, with their Supra and scumbaru Impreza WRX. The supra is over 900bhp and proved itself with a new record for Elvington, running 201mph at 1.25miles from a standing start! Meanwhile the Calder Scooby ran a sub 11s 1/4m, to become the fastest scumbaru 1/4m in the UK so far at 10.98s on road legal tyres. Both cars are sure to be contenders at TOTB3.

Competitor Entry packs-

These will go out direct to all registered competitors around the 14th July, and will contain the event info, instructions, 2 entry tickets (driver and passenger), plus pitlane pass stickers. Team reps should ensure any official support vehicles requiring a pass are notified to us in advance of this date.

Spectator tickets-

A reminder that advance tickets are on sale with a £5 discount on www.totb.co.uk, or via the orderline. Additionally the clubs taking part can obtain a further reduction in price based on a block purchase of tickets for club members, contact us for details.

Alternatively spectators can pay on the gate on the day at £20 per adult, children free.

Legality of Competitor cars-

Reminder that all cars must be road legal, taxed, tested and insured. Tyres are to be road legal, DOT or E marked, and with legal tread depth/pattern at all times. Any tyre queries should be raised in advance. Any objections against a particular car or tyre will only be considered on the day of the event if raised directly with the scrutineer or us.

Provisional programme of the day- attached to this document.

***********************************ANNOUNCEMENT*************************************

Redline TOTBIII and Crashnet have teamed up to present a new dedicated TOTB news channel on the www.crash.net website. Crashnet is the worlds biggest and best Motorsport website with over 30 million page views per month covering all aspects of Motorsport. The new channel will carry features on cars, product reviews, movie and sound clips and the latest news from the modified performance car world and from Redline Ten of the Best.

If any car club/ competitor/ tuner/ manufacturer or individual has any exciting news relating to their car or TOTB preparations that they would like to pass on then please email it to shinshelwood@btinternet.com or tom@opfnet.co.uk

This could be news relating to a car taking part (development work or testing on a car), or news about the team members or the group itself. Anything newsworthy could be included, so drop us a line.

Think i might be there. Just waiting for my mate to reply

If anyone fancies a night out in York on the saturday, let me know! It's a top night out. (i lived there for 18 years :winky: )

Duncan, Gus and SteveL hold on until tomorrow before paying for your tickets, i'm going to have another crack at getting the mkiv supra club discount rate of £12.50pp, might be hard though as they have a block booking of 50 but i'll give it another go :winky:

Wish you was running Mat as so many peeps from both clubs would be coming to support you we would be nearly getting in for free :lol:

At least we still have Fensport though to fly the flag :winky:

Duncan, Gus and SteveL hold on until tomorrow before paying for your tickets, i'm going to have another crack at getting the mkiv supra club discount rate of £12.50pp, might be hard though as they have a block booking of 50 but i'll give it another go :winky:

Damn couldn't get it so you will need to buy your tickets from the TOTB site or on the gate.

Thanks for having a go Ken. It was worth a try. :winky:

Thank's Gus was worth a try but the resulting conversation was more than interesting :winky:

LOC/TOC trackday could be coming real soon :ohmy: and a discounted Isle of Man weekend for jap cars only next year ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Maz, you coming along fella?

sorry matey, cant make it, as i have to take my son to a birthday party, would love to come and meet you all again, but this time son win........ ;) ;)

BTW Ken, thank for all the hard works of organising everythings at JAE ( see the other post), it was great, well done matey..... B) B) B) B) B)