Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

40k Major Service

royp

I live in Swindon Wiltshire on the M4 corridor, and last week I rang Lexus Swindon up for a quote on the 40k major service on an IS200se Auto, and was quoted £485 inc vat which of course I nearly had a heart attack over.

I then rang Lexus Bristol 35 miles away down the road & was quoted £340,

Has anyone else had any lower quotes from a lexus dealership than £340 for a major 40k service, it seems an unbelievable differance to be able to warrant £145 between the two dealerships.

I appreciate that they are all independant etc and can within reason charge what they feel you/me will pay but has anyone else had similar huge differances in major services between lexus dealerships.

Chickenfeed. The variations can be WAY more than that! Believe me, I've been down that route.

Just keep ringing around till you get the best combination of price and location for you - but be VERY careful they are quoting like for like. Some dealers do NOT seem to do all the items that are in the service book in their price, so it's wise to get a full list from each.

The last time I went through this I got a WAY lower price from a remote dealer than my local one. When I got there they were not going to do one major part of the service - until I pointed out they should be doing it, as per the service book, and then they were very good about it and did it free. But if I'd not spotted it it wouldn't have been done.

Try Lexus Exeter it's only an hour and a bit or so from Bristol and you'll get to see the largest trading estate in the whole of Yurp.

I live in Bristol and lexus bristol quoted me £670 for a 63K service on my GS300. Lexus Exeter £540 and that also included a new Battery worth around £60.

They also lent me a nice Yaris for a few days