Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

F1 In London Yesterday

maria

Muggin's here went, and got pick pocketed aswel :tsktsk:

Truthfully I thought the idea was good but badly organised. They tell people it starts at 6 but first car was at 7. If I heard that :tsktsk: Jim Rosential say the cars will be out in Minute once he must of said it every 10 minutes whilst until the Mansall finally made it out.

It was a mess, tube stations shut, over crowding, no real spectator points without getting crushed, and the Street sweeper race.

I will stick with going to the races to get a better view.

I was up at oxford street yesterday at around 17:30 ...it was absolute madness there was so much human traffic it was unbelievable :o :angry: -- :shifty: lucky i got parking at the regents park end of regents street if i had come down any further i would have been :tsktsk: - there were buses sitting in the middle of oxford circus with the engines turned off....unfortunatly didnt get to see the cars had to rush home due to emergency :sad:

I went.... Left straight from work at 4pm.

Got to the big screen at 7:50, the driving stuff finished 10 mins later. :crybaby:

Took us nearly 4 hours to get to Oxford Street only to find we couldn't see a damn thing. :angry:

Looked great on the big screen B) ...all for 10 mins :(

Nice Chinese meal in China Town and then back home for 1am. :blink:

Sounds good Chris, would be quality to see these in action!

Always wanted to go to Monte Carlo but heard it's very expensive at that time of year :o

I went.

I got a good vantage point too on the Evening Standard Loop (top wns of the publicised map, nearest to Oxford Circus tube)

This was on Argyll road/street? Next to the Liberty pub.

I stood on a ledge, held my digi camera high above my head and from about 5 feet away I have good video footage of the cars, the sound is good from the digi camera too! Martin Brundle in the Jag did a good wheelspin all caught by me.

The best "guess" shot abve my head was of Jensen Button, I have about 15 secs of him driving.

I liked it, but too, was keeping my hands in my pockets and watching ewho was around and who was watching the crowd pockets rather than the action.

Knew the tubes would be mad to get home, so I went to the Mall end of REgents stret to see the drivers, but too busy, headed home about 10pm.

I went.

I got a good vantage point too on the Evening Standard Loop (top wns of the publicised map, nearest to Oxford Circus tube)

This was on Argyll road/street? Next to the Liberty pub.

I stood on a ledge, held my digi camera high above my head and from about 5 feet away I have good video footage of the cars, the sound is good from the digi camera too! Martin Brundle in the Jag did a good wheelspin all caught by me.

The best "guess" shot abve my head was of Jensen Button, I have about 15 secs of him driving.

I liked it, but too, was keeping my hands in my pockets and watching ewho was around and who was watching the crowd pockets rather than the action.

Knew the tubes would be mad to get home, so I went to the Mall end of REgents stret to see the drivers, but too busy, headed home about 10pm.

Errrrmmm was you working mate :shifty::lol:

Chris if you want a better place to watch the F1 in place of Silverstone, most marshals recomend spectating a Belgium.

The reasons are you are closer to the action, it does not take 4 hours to leave the circuit, and it seems to be better organised.

I did my F1 quota last month in Indy and it was amazing but guessing we can not organise a day trip there.

Scorpian I hope you enjoy Silverstone, just get there early ( ithink gates open at 5am) if you want a good spec.

Watching F1 live is an experience and make sure you have ear plugs as they are loud.

Did think of Belgium too. Didn't get round to buying tickets to Silverstone for daughter and myself and the only ones that are left are more expensive than tickets for Belgium GP + ferry + hotel + petrol.

Chris if you want a better place to watch the F1 in place of Silverstone, most marshals recomend spectating a Belgium.

The reasons are you are closer to the action, it does not take 4 hours to leave the circuit, and it seems to be better organised.

I did my F1 quota last month in Indy and it was amazing but guessing we can not organise a day trip there.

Scorpian I hope you enjoy Silverstone, just get there early ( ithink gates open at 5am) if you want a good spec.

Watching F1 live is an experience and make sure you have ear plugs as they are loud.

Its the only formula i have'nt seen,...ear plugs..........No way jose its the noise i want to hear :D

We have grandstand seats booked,so nobody better be sitting in my seat :winky:

I was at turn 4 at indy (where Rubans tried to overtake Schumi after the final pit stops) and they were loud with ear plugs.

I have been lucky that I have seen F1 in a number of places, along with the lower formulas and loved it. Must say though I hate the sound of the traction control kicking in, makes the engines sound as though they are spluttering. Now the older F1 cars sound good.

Good move getting the seats enjoy yourself. The programe should be £10 and the food expensive

I went.

This was on Argyll road/street?  Next to the Liberty pub.

I stood on a ledge, held my digi camera high above my head and from about 5 feet away I have good video footage of the cars, the sound is good from the digi camera too!  Martin Brundle in the Jag did a good wheelspin all caught by me.

Errrrmmm was you working mate :shifty::lol:

nope.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links