Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance & Gold Benefits

Fellow LOC Members,

Insurance renewal is up this week.... Can you let me know if any of you have scrolled through all the different companies for the best quotes and what are these?

I am currently with E-Sure which I have always found v good, but this year after just 1 call, Churchill are ~ £50 cheaper.

I've 6 years no claims and looking for the best deal with roadside cover.

I'm not a member of the Lexus Gold Club, do they do cheap insurance packages and also what are the other benefits?

Very much appreciated

There are several benefits to going gold. Once you have applied and paid your membership fee, a poultry £25.00 per year, you can have access to a huge list of companies with some really good discount packages.

I believe there is an insurance scheme, but not too sure about the details, I will check for you, unless someone else gets here before me.

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by going gold.

Not only do you have access to some amazing discounts, but you can also participate in the group buys which also tend to save big bucks.

Im alot of cases, the discount given on a single purchase can save you more than the annual subscription you pay to the club!

:)

Ive renewed using www.its4me.co.uk, they got me a good quote, about 120 pounds cheaper and an excess of only 100 quid. You can get covered instantly and print your own documents off.

Incidentally, I have just looked around and there is a Gold Members Insurance Scheme. Cant say how much you will save as everyone is different.

Last year I saved about £80 going via Gold Insurance, and they were brilliant when I had an accident in my IS. This year it wasn't as competitive (try insuring a GS300 Sport when you're under 30 and only have 2 years NCB!), so I went with Admiral which worked out cheaper.

Bell Direct have been good for me in the past too.

I have spent the morning on the sick, oops I mean looking for insurance!

The best deals for when you are next looking are

Halifax - £442 with NCP

Screentrade.co.uk (broker for Churchill) - £480

Tesco - £500

The others - Bell direct, Elephant, Admiral, Norwich U were outrageous!

Any other companies anyone would recommend??

Above are for 32yr male, 6 yrs NC IS200 SE, 04 Reg

(£50 extra for an SE rather then the S!!!!)

I've recommended before on other postings but use www.moneysupermarket.com. Once you've entered your details, it will go round all of the companies recommended here and come up with the best one for your circumstances. What one company might be good for one person might be no good for another cos of who they want to insure.

But doing it this way covers them all and picks the best. I ended up with More Than and cut my premium for 25% and got better cover than last year. They also gave me full no claims discount on what was determined as 4 years NCB with my previous insurer.

I used to phone/web 50 or so companies each year but just use this site now.