Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stereo Warabty Extention

Hello,

I've read that, in GB, stereo waranty is extended to 60 months.

Can someone give me an official Lexus proof of this extention ?

In France, it has not been extended and they want me to pay a new one. :angry: Perhaps, with this proof, i'll manage to get it change under waranty .

Regards

Bruce

In Germany too. So Europe should be covered. Like US.

I think they don't know what they say.

Your dealer should have a paper with the warranty information of Lexus France.

Somebody in this forum wrote that the warranty on IS radio unit is extended by another 12 month. So that all radio units will be covered.

Just phone or mail lexus.fr and stand on their nervs.

I've already phoned to Lexus France. I have been answered that other countries can do whatever they want but waranty is not extended in France .

They proposed me to change my stereo but against 1000-1500 Euros :angry:

I told them that it was an european waranty and they had to do same thing everywhere but same answer : you got to pay !

I don't know how Lexus is considered in UK or germany but in france it is a luxury car so if you can buy a Lexus, you can also buy very expensive spare parts.

If i manage to get an officail proof of this waranty extention, i'll force them to change my stereo.

I've already phoned to Lexus France. I have been answered that other countries can do whatever they want but waranty is not extended in France .

Tell them that it is not their problem. Its the problem of the manufacturer of this radio-unit (fujitsu-Ten). They have inform themself. Perhaps they just have to make a phonecall.

I'm not thinking they are stupid and arrogant :whistling:

I wrote to Lexus Pan-Europe. Lets see what will happen:

Dear Lexus,

a friend of mine lives in France (Paris) and drives a Lexus IS200. The radio-unit (FujitsuTen) has the common well known err3 problem. The warranty of the radio-unit is extended to 60 month (and more) to sort out all defect units.

But Lexus-France makes him belive, that there is no extended warranty (which ist defo not true).

Here is the thread to his problem:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/sho...showtopic/15410

Could you please make a statement about the warranty conditions. Couldn't belive, that the warranty handling is different between countries. Because its a problem of FujitsuTen, not of Lexus.

Regards

XXXXXX XXXXXXX

--------------------------

lexusownersclub.com

phonedrome

Sorry for my stucky english :zee:

Thanks very much for your help Phonedrome.

I will send a letter to Lexus France too.

Perhaps if i harry them, they will try to know the trouth. I hope they only ignore the waranty extention !

Wait and see what can happen !!

I think the stereo warranty must vary from country to country. I know in the Republic of Ireland a friends stereo in his IS packed up. I told him to try a dealer and thay said basically that it was only covered for the standard 3yrs/60,000 miles (whichever came first). So in the end he just went for a single DIN unit.

I agree with Gavin - if Lexus France choose to do something different that's their right. They are a separate legal entity and can do as they wish within consumer law.

There are no pan European laws forcing them to match other countries, other than basic rights (which would be a one year warranty).

I think the 5 year stereo warranty is unique to Lexus GB. I don't think cars coming from other countries would qualify (someone was suggesting a day drip to the UK in a previous post). I know a guy from work got his changed after I told him about the 5 year warranty. He had bought the car privately and had to supply the VIN number, reg number and date of first registration from the V5 to Lexus Belfast so they could verify the IS200 was a UK supplied car originally and not from another country.

Frenchman, I know its probably not what you want to hear but there are quite a few IS200 stereos popping up eBay.co.uk at the moment. Might be your best option or go for a non standard single/double din unit.

Gavin

I had the same problem im Germany from last year on. I checked it out, and then suddenly there was no problem anymore. It could have been me who cleared the extended warranty for German Lexus IS-drivers :hehe:

Try to make your point against Lexus France. It should be possible.

Hydriergeist has one: LINK.EuroLOC. Won't be to expensive. But perhaps its to new.

Wait and see.

I haven't received an official negative answer from Lexus France. Only by phone.

If they control what i said ( waranty extention in UK and Germany ), perhaps they will change their opinion !

Phonedrome, my stereo is not the same as the one shown in your link . On mine, the CD entry is under the screen. Is it possible to adapt this one ?

No, it won't fit. You have to go for the older one. Slot must be under the screen.

If I understand it right, Lexus France will have a look at their warranty extensions for radios? Will they care for your problem?

Hi,

Can someboby please advise me where it is documented that the stereo warranty has been extended. I've just started me car and terrible popping noises are coming out of the speakers and I crackling noises when I try to adjust the volume. My car is only 3 and a half years old so I'd be really cheesed off if I had to pay to get this fixed. Cheers

Good lad, don't let them give you any ****, if they say it's not covered after 3 years get them to call Lexus GB while you're there to confirm it :)