Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Cd Update

Hello all.

I've been doing some more Internet research on updating my Japanese sat/nav to work in the UK. I've spoken to Lexus who were not able to tell me much but said they see no reason why a CD update would not do the trick. My new problem is that CD updates are no longer available - they are all DVD. I'm desparate to try this and as such am prepared to offer a case of beer to anyone who agrees to lend me a CD to test - now that is desparation! :D . I've got a 1998 Lexus RX300 (Harrier).

I'm crossing my fingers!!

Regards,

Joe

Hi Colin, I spoke to the guy in the service department at Lexus in Croydon, he transfered me to a man in the parts department who told me that only DVDs are available now. Neither of them had any idea about possible fixes, could be that they don't want to get involved with imports?

Joe

I'm sure they are still available. Somebody posted on here the other day that they have just ordered one!

I wouldn't buy one unless you know it works - just putting in a UK disc into a GS doesn't work so it may not work in an RX. Worth just trying one.

• 5 months later...

I have a Lexus Sat/Nav Great Britain CD ver.2.1 98-99 and it will NOT read in the RX/Harrier.

If you still do not believe me then PM me your address and I will post the CD to you for you to try.

If anybody needs it for LS/GS model then make an offer.

Regards Terry