Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Foglightshousings Falling Apart?

My left foglight on my IS200 went out a month ago and I finally took the time to look at it. A friend of mine who's a mechanic removed the foglight housing and found that the bulb was'nt broken but the housing plastic was just falling apart.

I went to my toyota dealer and asked them why this had happaned. At first he said that I had installed a way to powerfull bulb, when I told him that the only work that had been done was at their shop and that the bulb has'nt been changed from stock he looked at it again and then told me it was because a impact to the front. I asked him how I could get that kind of damage whitout any markings on the lights or the front. There was'nt any signs of an impact damage. The housing is full of small pieces of plastic and water.

He then gave me a price for the left side housing: 3190 kr (£227)

Since I live in Sweden I would like to how the spearparts cost are in the Uk and an opinion about the bad quality of the housing would also be appreciated.

The car is a '00 IS 200 with about 86.000 km.

/cheers

I have an automatic is200 and they are well known for letting in water. something to do with the slots cut into the wheel liner, anyway I had to buy a new one and it cost me £80.00 from my Lexus Dealer.

Guest mark_tsang
I have an automatic is200 and they are well known for letting in water. something to do with the slots cut into the wheel liner, anyway I had to buy a new one and it cost me £80.00 from my Lexus Dealer.

eh? automatic ones?