Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

40k Service - How Much Should I Pay?

Hello guys,

Mine's due for a 40k service within the next 2 weeks, have received 2 quotes so far, any ideas what I should pay? I will let you know what I received once you posted - you will be shocked !!!

Thanks in advance....

btw, what's included? (do I need to have the air filter changed or can I do it myself) ;)

I'm about to book my 40k service in for Is200 Sport and have asked for some quotes. Cheapest for me is £255 in Twickenham and thats bringing my own oil otherwise it would be a further £55 for them to provide. What is included, have no idea. Oxford wanted to charge me nearer £400.

Yes I agree Nowden, here's what I have been quoted so far:-

Lexus Chester - £390 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lexus Stoke - £228

Lexus Stafford (Toyota) - £220

Looks like I'll be taking a day out to stoke and spending my £170 saving on some Wedgwood instead !!!!!!!

BTW, I asked about the pollen filter at the dealers:-

Lexus Chester - £50 !

Lexus Stoke - £25 !

Can anybody explain why there is such a huge margin difference?

Yes I agree Nowden, here's what I have been quoted so far:-

Lexus Chester - £390 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lexus Stoke - £228

Lexus Stafford (Toyota) - £220

Looks like I'll be taking a day out to stoke and spending my £170 saving on some Wedgwood instead !!!!!!!

BTW, I asked about the pollen filter at the dealers:-

Lexus Chester - £50 !

Lexus Stoke - £25 !

Can anybody explain why there is such a huge margin difference?

Have you asked them all whats they are goig to do for the 40k service?

I know alot of people want to keep the Lexus dealer stamp in there service books... but in my experience it doesn`t help when come to sell the car!

As long as it is stamped at all the correct intervals, this is all MOST potential buyers care about...

Might be an idea to get it serviced by someone independant?? :winky:

I would confirm the part number is the same for the filter. There are two types - the standard IS one and the active charcoal one.

If it's just the standard one you want - just wash your existing one and put it back.

Thanks guys... I took my IS to Stoke for the 30k service 'cos they were closer to where I was working at the time (and they were cheaper)...

Eevn if I knocked off the £50 at Chester, Stoke still comes in £120 cheaper... how does that work out - do they think were made of money just cos we drive Lexus' around???