Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Big Problem

right after what seems like months i find a good (well i thought so) IS200 sport in blue on a 01 for really good money (after some serious barganing). I decided to do a HPI check on the car and it came back with finace outstanding (no suprise as the guy told me that it had and that he had aranged to pay the setelment as soon as i had paid him) but the bad thing is that it came back with a milage descepency??? (i will not find out specificly what it is untill tommorow as the office closes at 5:00) the car shows 79,000 miles and has what seems to be a very good history, (full lexus history with loads of reciets) 2 owners from new, the guy who has the car now and LEX vechical leasing. the guy bought the car 18months ago form quite a big used car sales garage in liverpool. what do u guys think the descrepency could be are they easy to clock??? should i stear well clear of the car??

I am 99.9% sure that the guy who has the car now no's nothing about this there was a number of reasons (really nice area oldish buisness guy with family eyc) for this but the main one being that he nearlly fell over when i told him what the HPI check had brought back.

any help, input would be VERY helpful

it could just be that the speedometer has been replaced mate, my speedo has been replaced and reads 30k odd less miles than it should but ive got all documentation to prove nowt dodgy has happened.

im not sure, mine has flsh, but like i said ive got the documentation to prove its all ok.

i personally wouldnt be happy buying a car that has finance outstanding, even if the guy says he's gonna pay it off, he might be lying afterall

im not sure, mine has flsh, but like i said ive got the documentation to prove its all ok.

i personally wouldnt be happy buying a car that has finance outstanding, even if the guy says he's gonna pay it off, he might be lying afterall

yer i must say i think its against the law to sell it ? ,coz it is not his to sell its the fanance comps car

yer i must say i think its against the law to sell it ? ,coz it is not his to sell its the fanance comps car

yeah, u could buy it and the have it repossesed and i dont think you would have a leg to stand on, i may be wrong on that tho :unsure:

my son got a car with the hpi miles wrong, but it turned out to be one of the owners putting the wrong miles down, it took a lot of sorting, the miles it said was right but hpi would not change it to the right miles.

Do not buy a car with finance, you will regret it. If you go ahead and buy the car, you personally need to pay the outstanding finance and the balance if any to the seller. If the seller is not happy for you to pay the finance directly you can be sure he has no intention of doing so after the car sells.

lexi1 is right do the deal then say your going to write 2 cheques out.

1 for the outstanding amount to be paid directly to the finance co and the other for the for the seller,if he doesn't want to do that then walk away.

Car with mileage discrepency ? .... I saw a Lexus like tha once, on South London, and the guy tried telling me that there wasn't anything wrong with it ............ wooohooo ! lol ...

I paid the extra £££ and just went to a Lexus Dealer, though I live in London, I ended up buying my car from Leicester ! .. paid bit more, but came with all the dealer gurantee's !

Don't buy it! .... you'll regret it.