Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Video Transfer To Avi Format

Fargo

Guys n gals,

I have the video of Bazza's skydive.. unfortuantly my mate who was gona transfer it, is well tied up with finishing his kitchen/extension and his wedding at the end of the month so alas no time for me :crybaby:

And ive tried this before and cant get a decent picture form the TV card..

So can anyone oblidge.. the video is 8 minuted long and i just require it in an AVI file..

then i can send it to Steve and it can be posted up..

if you could send a copy of your copy then i can prob do it.. why cant you get a good pic... i assume you are plugging your vid arial straight into the tv card..

the only problem i have is slow internet connection to upload it..onto here or send via email

craig,,

dont worry about uploading it,, Steve will take care of that..

i just cant seem to get a good enough pic,,,

so if you OM me your address then ill post it out, then perhaps you could have it ready for the top gear meet...

marvelous Colin,, although i haev no problem doing DVD's myself..

However this video will be made available online i believe so an AVI file is fine.. i htink Steve will also be editing it..

so shall i send it to yourself..

I'm confussed. If you can put it to DVD then what else do you need?

I can record it directly on DVD or I can play through my camcorder onto a raw DV quality AVI file. Either of which will produce a very large file. I guess I can then shrink it down but editing should be done at the highest quality.

im sure it will have to be put on a dvd

for sending purposes

not sure of another media that would be able to store the amount of data that would be on it

DIVX or XVID.. you can get a compress a whole DVD (4.7Gb) to 1 CD (700mb without ANY loss (to the naked eye) in quality

well the only progams i have got are ones that will let me convert from mpeg to avi or avi to mpeg or vcd/svcd or dvd to avi or mpeg or vcd/svcd.. but if its on a vhs tape i can plug video recorder straight into pc .. i have done this with my digi box when i ran out of blank vhs tapes..lol and recorded straight onto pc.. although to be honest i am not sure i would have enough time to do this b4 topgear meet.. but if you have a copy on dvd then i could give it a go might be able to compress it into a zip file once converted to avi.. then should fit on a cdr

not that i am that technically minded..lol

im sure it will have to be put on a dvd

for sending purposes

not sure of another media that would be able to store the amount of data that would be on it

DIVX or XVID.. you can get a compress a whole DVD (4.7Gb) to 1 CD (700mb without ANY loss (to the naked eye) in quality

this is true.. forgot about that.. and i think.. will have to check once at home.. the program i have can do that but then not sure if you will be able to upload that file extension on here

You been squirting NOS in your eyes :blink: I've always thought DIVX is quite poor quality compared to DVD. :P

depends on what software your use and the settings that you choose..

Obviously if you view it on a PC monitor then you will notice any quality loss mor eso than on when watching on a TV.. and personally im not gona burn a DVD to watch it on a PC that already has the film in some shape or form..

haev you looked at a program called Gordian Knot (google it) i find this great.. also look at TMPEG which is awsome for doing pretty much any conversion.. hell even a little program called DVD2ONE compresses a DVD including the extras to one CD with no loss.

2p worth:

A DVD is pretty much wasted on 8 minutes worth of VHS quality (ie already crap-ish) video - AVI it and use (at most) about 300Mb.

Sorry - just thought people were getting a bit carried away ;)