Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Bumper

I recently had a new front bumper fitted at Lexus Woodford, and noticed that the part where the bumper meets the headlight and the bonnet (that small angled part next to the grill) doesn't line up correctly.

Had the car in at Woodford yesterday, and they couldn't manage to do anything about it, and said that if i wanted, they would strip it all off and put it on again.

Having checked many other cars on the forecourt, they all seemed to have the same problem, but these cars were all newer than mine. Has anyone else noticed this on their cars, and is it something that is only on the newer cars (maybe inferior plastics on the bumpers :unsure: )

Does anyone think having them take it off again would be worthwhile or should I just leave it alone?

Are you talking about the standard bumper or the Styling Kit (TTE) bumper? If its the TTE one then any I've seen (including my own) don't seem to line up properly. I saw a few @ Lexus Belfast and they all had the same problem :(

I mentioned it to the guy who painted/fitted mine and he tried re-adjusting it but it wasn't any better. Mines is most noticeable where the bumper meets the two wings.

Must be just a slight design flaw.

Gavin :)

my father in law did not buy an is200 because of this ,we went to lexus tonbridge and all of the cars he looked at had this problem ,He used to spray cars so it realy put him of ,not sure why they were like it but some were worse than others and none were the sport model.

That gap is too big, is it the same on both sides?

Do you mean the gap between the bumper and the bonnet? That wasn't my problem but maybe I should get that checked too. What I'm not sure about is that the doesn't follow the same angle as the edge of the bonnet, lines up on the right, but not on the left (points in too far)

Does anyone think having them take it off again would be worthwhile or should I just leave it alone?

I think you answered your own question ,leave it alone or you will just give yourself a big headache ,if you get that bit to fit it will probaly not fit elsewere . It might be worth asking if they fitted a lexus part or a pattern part ,and yes i know it should be a lexus part from a lexus garage but i have seen first hand how some garages cut corners and i bet if a pattern part is available it is a lot cheaper than the original.Also did the car have a shunt and if so has any thing else been damaged that is affecting the fit of the new bumper that has not been seen .

Yeah think I might just leave it alone then, the service department has been really great and now they're getting me a new satnav screen too so don't wanna irritate them too much ;)

Thanks very much for all the advice :)

I have recently had a new TTE styling front bumper fitted to mine due to paint flaking on the old one.

The new one was alot poorer fit, and i took it back several times to Lexus Stockport for them to sort it out..... still not ideal but the third attempt at their bodyshop got it closer....but still not as good as the orginal TTE bumper!!! :crying: