Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Strut Brace

petejenkin

Im thinking of fitting a strut brace, but I have concerns about possible fouling against my Trust Induction Kit. Has anyone fitted a brace with an induction kit in place. I dont want to start grinding bits of the bar away as this effectively reduces its strength (and looks).

i wouldnt worry too much about the strength side of things,, strut bars tend to be 98% cosmetic in my research..

you should get a set of anti roll bars,, now they make a noticable difference..

disagree

i felt a lot of difference with it fitted

as for clearing the intake, well i got mine to fit over the supercharger caboodle

with a bit of bending (not the easiest of jobs) :ohmy:

others have chopped bits out :crybaby:

the engine positions do tend to differ !

so i am told

:)

Im thinking of fitting a strut brace, but I have concerns about possible fouling against my Trust Induction Kit. Has anyone fitted a brace with an induction kit in place. I dont want to start grinding bits of the bar away as this effectively reduces its strength (and looks).

your just after that bling look arnt ye mate. :winky:

Got my Anti roll bars first - Hugh noticeable difference in handling and stability

Then my Tein damper/spring set - even better as above due to the car now eing 40mm lower.

Then the Strut brace - did'nt really notice any noticeable differece like the above

Hope it helps.....

beg to differ dear dobedo.. i have not noticed any difference in handling.. maybe its in your head...lol

well thats your fault aint it :lol:

I would tend to agree with Fargo, that the anti-roll bars will have a much bigger impact than the strut bar Pete.

ooooo no i agree the roll bars are far more significant, but i was just saying the strut bar did make a difference, to me !

fargo wouldnt feel any difference coz he is toooo slow :P

beg to differ dear dobedo.. i have not noticed any difference in handling..  maybe its in your head...lol

well thats your fault aint it :lol:

I would tend to agree with Fargo, that the anti-roll bars will have a much bigger impact than the strut bar Pete.

ooooo no i agree the roll bars are far more significant, but i was just saying the strut bar did make a difference, to me !

fargo wouldnt feel any difference coz he is toooo slow :P

i agree bazza,i thought the front was tighter before i lowered it etc,not a lot but was tighter,just ignore them :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
OK, Im having problems sourcing a Strut Brace. Ive been told that Cusco dont do them to fit the IS200, so how come alot of members have Cusco ones.

Can anyone help me with where to get one, and who makes them to fit. Thanks

:)

you can have mine pete if ye want one,i`m not bothered about having one on. :) let me know pal.