Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Development Engine

Not too sure yet, it will prob just sit in my garage for a while till I figure it out. I want to study the head and fuel system a bit more and maybe get my mate to have a look.

Ive challenged myself to extract as much power from the engine as is humanly possible without the addition of a charger, turbo, or Noz.

I dont care what any development company tells me, I like to go against the grain and try new things myself. With this engine, I can mess about to my hearts content and I aint damaging my good one.

Im mainly interested in doing something with the throttle body and the mechanics behind the fuel delivery system. We shall see.

I can also for now polish up the top cover and transplant it ready for JAE ! Bling Bling.

Fair play man , I will be modding mine as soon as my friendly engine tuner gets finished preparing cars for Redlines" Ten Of The Best" ;) , I/He/We will be replacing the manifold , building a proper insulated Airbox ,/Induction Kit , boring out the throttle body , Re mapping the ECU , and adding a Super AFC if so needed.

He wants to turbo it(!) , but I want to stay N/A , like you do , and keep it useable.

:driving:

Not too sure yet, it will prob just sit in my garage for a while till I figure it out. I want to study the head and fuel system a bit more and maybe get my mate to have a look.

Ive challenged myself to extract as much power from the engine as is humanly possible without the addition of a charger, turbo, or Noz.

I dont care what any development company tells me, I like to go against the grain and try new things myself. With this engine, I can mess about to my hearts content and I aint damaging my good one.

Im mainly interested in doing something with the throttle body and the mechanics behind the fuel delivery system. We shall see.

I can also for now polish up the top cover and transplant it ready for JAE ! Bling Bling.

the fastest you'll get that engine is to drop it of a 20 story building.

Apparently there is a secret way

was that the one on ebay pete?

Yeah, it was that one off eBay. I reasise the engine had been ceased, and the block is a bit rusty, but head will only prob need a skim, which anyone would do anyway, I think there will be enough stuff that is OK for me to play with. Afterall, 75 nicker is a good risk in my books :)

dont suppose it had the engine cover part with VVTi (goes around the oil cap) written on it does it? If it did any chance I can buy it off you?

course you can mate, just PM me with your address and stuff, any reasonable offer accepted.

Well Pete, the R&D shed is going to be busy this weekend. :P

:lol:

Absolutely.

Not so much Research and Development, but Looking, Pointing at Things and Head Scratching :lol:

I need to find someone who can clean and polish all the alloy, I just havent got the time, does anyone know where I can get it done, preferably local to Humberside/North Lincolnshire ?

Just took the car in for the Unichip and had an interesting conversation. The spare Head from the Development Engine is going to be Gas Flowed, Ported and Big Valves Fitted :blink:

I wonder if it is worth finding some uprated Cams, as the standard ones are showing very slight wear to the Lobes. Can anyone suggest anything ??

The Cam Cover is being sen away for polishing, and should be back in time for me to transplant for JAE. Bling Bling, sunglasses at the ready :geek:

The rest of the Alloy Items will be either polished to a mirror finish, or powder coated, but this is going to be done slow time.

I think the Throttle body will be worked on at the same time as the head, but not sure yet to what extent.

I want to squeeze as much as I can out of a N/A Engine, and it is going to be done on a budget.

may be difficult to find uprated cams. Not much available for the IS200 engine in Japan even less in UK. TRD do uprated cams for the 4 cylinder Altezza engine but not the 6 cylinder. Then again TRD and budget are not two words that go together.

I guess you would need custom ones made. Maybe add a bit more lift, although you may need modified pistons as well. Changing the profile would need an amount of R&D as the vvt-i may need to be adjusted to gain maximum benefit.

Yeah I thought the same Colin. I was thinking of using the original cams and getting them re-profiled, there is a company near to me who should be able to do it. We shall see.

I was hoping to keep the bottom end stock as the one that came with the development engine is ceased and defo needs a rebuild. It all depends on whether the budget can stretch that far. Im trying to do everything for less than 2.5k. It can be done, cos I said so :lol:

If a rebuild of the block is necessary there is a chap in Scunthorpe who recons engines for a living, he is good (he builds custom car engines), but then Im looking at serious money for a rebuild including balancing the crank and uprated pistons and conrods etc.

Who knows, maybe the initial budget can be doubled :lol: Budgets are only for accountants afterall, they are merely an indication of financial resources awarded to a specific area, I can be a little tight on other things, like holidays :lol: err, replace Fuerteventura with Skegness :lol: