Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is It Me Or Do Bmw Drivers Suck

Steve

i've noticed that i tend to have a problem with the lower end of the BM* market (or as a friend of mine would put it "the poverty models") and the BM* 4x4 sector. i reckon they think just becuase they have beemer it makes them better than other car drivers. but lets look at it like this :-

1) engines are under powered

2) interior is dull as dish water

3) every man and his dog has a 3 series, inc m3's which are becoming very common these days

4) you pay well over the odds for a german equiv of a ford mondeo

5) 9 times out of ten, its a prat driving

many a time have i burned off people riding my tail in a 316-323, or let them overtake me only for me to burn them off 3sec later on a dual or motorway. man i am glad to get that off my chest, and know that other people on the road share my pain ;-)

I see the therapy and pills have worked, :lol: nice colour though!

The pills helped, yes.

I even threw the car away at a loss cause I was salivating for the Lex (well, Tezz).

Was a secure ride (also translates to BORING!). Would havr another in time, but not this side of 30.

Do like the E46 shape, but as a driving experience the Lex is totally better. 100%.

Are you serious about the colour, liking it?

Was a difficult colour to sell on, not being metallic.

:P I did just say it was a 'nice' colour nothing to get excited about but it does look

better on a LEXUS.

:D I bet beemer drivers don't get kids complementing them on there car.

I did a few weeks ago as they were riding by on there bikes, I heard them say

" CORR LOOK HE HAS GOT A LEXUS, I BET HE HAS GOT PLENTY OF MONEY''

then they shouted "GREAT CAR MISTER" :lol::lol: What more is there to say apart from that I am the only one to own a Lexus on my estate :D :D I think there are a few of them BMW things, nowt to shout about though B)

i was one once....

100_0954_007.sized.jpg

B) Hey! So was I!!! I traded a BMW 850 (V-12, no less!) for my LS400 (V-8 50k miles; nearly as fast, MUCH more comfortable, and FAR less regular repairs needed!!)

I'd put in a pic too, but, not being too techie, don't know how to attach it! :driving:

I have a mate - top bloke he is.... but only OUTSIDE of his car! What does he drive? A 3yr old black 325i of course!

We share driving to work - when I drive it's a relaxed smooooth drive, and takes about 60 minutes. When he drives it's white knuckle, aggressive, cringe-worthy, uncomfortable burts of speed, swapping lanes, violent braking and feats of breath-taking selfishness, and it still takes about 60 minutes! :lol:

I have to admit, his car is quiet, it doesn't rattle, and it is very quick. But I still wouldn't buy one :sick:

I had a 3 series 6yrs ago and on reflection drove like the stereotype, cutting in front of people etc..........i think there is something bout the car that does that??...I later had a 5 series calm, unhurried motoring.......I blame the car (3 series) to a great extent!

I had a go with a p reg M3 today... can say its not that much quicker than mine... made him think twice.. and it was only coz i had to turn of the A3 i did not keep going after him..lol (and we were not tickerling the throttle either)

I have a mate - top bloke he is.... but only OUTSIDE of his car! What does he drive? A 3yr old black 325i of course!

We share driving to work - when I drive it's a relaxed smooooth drive, and takes about 60 minutes. When he drives it's white knuckle, aggressive, cringe-worthy, uncomfortable burts of speed, swapping lanes, violent braking and feats of breath-taking selfishness, and it still takes about 60 minutes! :lol:

I have to admit, his car is quiet, it doesn't rattle, and it is very quick. But I still wouldn't buy one :sick:

Sometimes my beemer mode comes back when I see beemers in the fast lane (dubbed BMW lane), and I hassle them to move out of the way. They dont like it.

The Tezz 200 is a much sharper, crisper drive than any bm I have tried and the "turn in" feels more prescise and responsive etc.

The Tezz/IS200 is the "Ultimate Driving Machine" anyday

I had a go with a p reg M3 today... can say its not that much quicker than mine... made him think twice.. and it was only coz i had to turn of the A3 i did not keep going after him..lol (and we were not tickerling the throttle either)

Craig he must of been running on three cylinders mate :P .either that or your engine rebuild upped your bhp by ell of a lot :D

he was probably gaining about 20 ft on me in about 600yrds from about 40mph - 90mph

if it had been standing start then he would of been gone i expect... but as you know.. once the old best is rolling she picks up speed preety quickly

I had a go with a p reg M3 today... can say its not that much quicker than mine... made him think twice.. and it was only coz i had to turn of the A3 i did not keep going after him..lol  (and we were not tickerling the throttle either)

Craig he must of been running on three cylinders mate :P .either that or your engine rebuild upped your bhp by ell of a lot :D

Or it could have been a fake :lol:

Its official that last year, BMW sold more 3 series than Ford sold Mondeo's.

So they are in fact, more common- which is true, judging by the amount of poverty spec 318's I see on the M25 every day- I especially like the ones that dont even have the door handels painted!!!

Classy!

Its official that last year, BMW sold more 3 series than Ford sold Mondeo's.

So they are in fact, more common- which is true, judging by the amount of poverty spec 318's I see on the M25 every day- I especially like the ones that dont even have the door handels painted!!!

Classy!

i think thats a £200 odd option on the 316 :lol:

its the cheap beemers that make them so popular.

People who purchase a 316 will upgrade to a 318... then onto a 325

there are loads of upgrade options with BMW... Something Lexus needs to achieve in years to come. However.. Lexus have kept the Lexus more exclusive.. which I hope they continue to do.

Poverty Beemers

There are poverty Beemers which 5 years old and onwards you get your typcial ***** who thinks he has alot of money.. thinks he's in a good job too and eveyone should get out of the way because these person thinks they are better than anyone else. Nearly everyone here on this thread agrees to this.. so it aint just me.

Then you get your newer 5 series type who will claim the BMW lane and it doesnt matter how fast you go the BMW owner has to overtake... even if your doing 100.. he has to be doing 105 with fog lights on.

What also makes me grin is the 10 year old beemers floating around with 19 year old sap behind the wheel. Oh this bloke really is the dogs doodaas! NOT!

Now.. I know there are some people who do not have a choice to own one because its a company car.. but you really have to feel sorry for the others.

Friend of mine was moaning that her husband inherited a beemer and they want to sell it ASAP because they do not want to be associated as a "RoadTosser"

I laughed

:lol::lol::lol:

Mercedes do not have this problem...

I'll bet no other car is de-badged as much as low-spec 3 series. All trying to be something they ain't! :yawn::lol:

my cousin is trying to convince me thats how it came from the factory? :shifty::lol:

shame on you Shahz  :tomato:  :tomato:  :tomato:

:lol:

330ci and M3s are good cars, but i would never buy one.

Hey hey hey i said they were nice motors...didnt say i would buy 1 :tomato::tomato: did this smiley just get added :question: You guys make me laugh :lol::lol::lol: :D

I agree the M3 is a nice car. Infact, there are quite a few very good cars to come out of BMW..

But, i would never buy one, simply because i wouldn't want to be labelled as a BMW driver. jerkit.gif

Its a shame really... :unsure:

Yep! They're definitely the dumb, scum brigade!

Lower end BMWs are over-rated and their owners know it.

Merc drivers are arrogant. Park wherever they like, pavement, on the corner of a blind bend, on your drive etc.