Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is It Me Or Do Bmw Drivers Suck

Steve

I have been on the road quite a bit recently. Nearly everyday I get carved up or tailgated by a BMW.. Now I dont drive like an old man either... But why do these people have some sort of problem with other motorists? Especially when its in the same class... they like to pick on my GS which looks miles better than their Beemer.

After a few discussions with work friends and other friends they all have the same opionion on BMW drivers.

So... What do you think about this? Do you think BMW owners have some sort of attitude?

Do you think BMW drivers (especially older models) are people who try and act like they have a few quid when really they dont?

Lets have a nice discussion about it.

Oh and if you are reading this and you own a older Beemer then in my opinion alot of you suck! (not all mind so dont flame me) :P :P :P

i think they certainly have attitude toward other motorists, although to be fair not all of them, one flashed me out the other day :o

had a silver 3 series park in front of my house the other day, o the shame, wouldnt have been a prob but he'd parked accross the front of my drive so i couldnt get out. i think it was done on purpose cos the lex was there. there was acres of room in front and behind the beemer but the driver decided to park half way across my drive. outrageous!!

:D ;) I totally aggree with you steve, most BMW drivers suck, got carved up on my way home today, I think he thought he is more important coz he has got a BMW.

My opinion is that they are like fords now, as every one has got one. Every where you go you see these two bob bit snobs in there 3 series. Just coz they have got one they think they are in a class of there own, it is ONLY a BMW nothing special.

I would not buy a BMW now after driving/owning a LEXUS :D :D B)

All the extra's you have to pay for on a BMW you get standard on a LEXUS.

What more can I say!!!!!!!! :P

Apparently, BMW drivers all own the fast lanes of all the motorways, and the reason that the cars are so expensive for the crap that they are is to cover the cost of fast last ownership.

I feel really grateful to them all for allowing me to drive my Lexus on their roads.

i shall be off in the bmw lane shortly.

theres a lot of rude boys round manchester with the older 3 series, definitely with some kind of vendetta against all other drivers just cos they own a beemer! altho i see a lot of similar driving by new 3 series drivers too.

Strange topic! But... I've definitely noticed some attitude with drivers of older (knackered!) BMWs or older "luxury" cars in general, which look bad against a newer (well older too) Lexus.

I've seen a few older (more than 5yrs) Lexus cars around which still look GOOD!

Now I think about it, I haven't seen a knacked out Lexus anywhere!

I've driven Merc/BMWs but prefer LEXUS!

NOW, I would consider an AUDI, very nice but not the same value for money...

i think they certainly have attitude toward other motorists, although to be fair not all of them, one flashed me out the other day :o

had a silver 3 series park in front of my house the other day, o the shame, wouldnt have been a prob but he'd parked accross the front of my drive so i couldnt get out. i think it was done on purpose cos the lex was there. there was acres of room in front and behind the beemer but the driver decided to park half way across my drive. outrageous!!

should have clamped him!

I really annoy them,if im in the outside(BMW)lane just over legal limit you can bet your life a beemer will be behind you flashing away like a good un :angry: .....i sit there,if he wants to get pass then he will have to undertake me and hopefully a copper wont be to far away...well thats what i hope for anyway :D

I really annoy them,if im in the outside(BMW)lane just over legal limit you can bet your life a beemer will be behind you flashing away like a good un :angry: .....i sit there,if he wants to get pass then he will have to undertake me and hopefully a copper wont be to far away...well thats what i hope for anyway :D

i`m the opposite,i flash them to move. :D

:whistling::driving: Well.......it depends on the traffic density,obviously; but, in my LS400, even at 90mph, some prat comes up....you just put your footdown; the car kicks down a gear and suddenly the car behind ISN'T behind anymore! The Lex is cruising even at 90 with loads to spare (and it's smooth as silk even at 120+ On an aerodrome, obviously!!! :whistling: )

well My sister inlaw came round a while back and said her other half was so chuffed because he just got his dream car....what is it... a ferrari i asked nope she laughed.. Then maybe an aston... no dont be silly she said.. well it must be something nice i said.. yes it is she said "its a K Reg 3 series" OMG i thought try to hold back the laughter.. And i must admit to turning round and saying well you must be happy to have such small dreams...lol

My brother-in-law used to have a Astra (nice little motor as it happens), then he got a high-flying sales job and the obligatory brand new 318 with 17"s and clear indicators every two years... what happened? he started driving like a C**T!! I never get in the car with him now! :megaangry:

And what is it with some Beemer drivers thinking they are far superior to other beemer drivers just cos their 316 has clear indicators or a silly m-sport spoiler? As far as I'm concerned they can go and annoy each other til they get a promotion and leather steering wheel!!! :P

i was one once....

I see the therapy and pills have worked, :lol: nice colour though!

The pills helped, yes.

I even threw the car away at a loss cause I was salivating for the Lex (well, Tezz).

Was a secure ride (also translates to BORING!). Would havr another in time, but not this side of 30.

Do like the E46 shape, but as a driving experience the Lex is totally better. 100%.

Are you serious about the colour, liking it?

Was a difficult colour to sell on, not being metallic.

I don't think the problem is BMW drivers in general, but more those who drive 330's and under. Generally I find 5 and 7 series drivers OK in the main, but those shade wearing, chewing, blue shirted white collar, greased hair, mobile phone speaking, a-hole 3 series drivers are a different kettle of fish.

I actually think that they play up to the image because they know it p*****s off other drivers. I sometimes wish I could flash a message to them saying:

"Little man, take your sh**ty little 318 pea-shooter exhaust and wrap it round your skinny 15" wheels you pratt - if I wanted, and I mean really wanted to, I'd be driving a 3 series, however, I consider myself to be a thinking man, so you see, I decided to use my brain when I selected this fine piece of perfection"

And then give him a piece of 6 cylinder exhaust roar! :D