Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

mr bvg

from belguim had the merc sprinter ones in his front wing !

they did look very nice

but they did suit his car

was an article on them but i cant find it

craig have you sobered up yet :lol:

:D Way back when (20 years ago! ouch!) I used to look at my beloved Citroen DS23 Pallas, and try to think of mods to 'improve' it. Never could; thought the whole concept was SO good, style wise.

Why take a hint from a MERC??!!

I think you have to study the whole LINE of the car and subtly enhance it.

(NOw; if you had an LS400...which ALREADY looks like a Merc....?)

Paint the wheels black.....? :driving:

:D Way back when (20 years ago! ouch!) I used to look at my beloved Citroen DS23 Pallas, and try to think of mods to 'improve' it. Never could; thought the whole concept was SO good, style wise.

ahaa.. lol... what you have not sen in that pic(as it is quite an old pic) is that i have resprayed them... dark graphite grey..

I was in the drunken void last night of being bored so lots of things seemed a good idea..lol

ahaa.. lol... what you have not sen in that pic(as it is quite an old pic) is that i have resprayed them... dark graphite grey..

I was in the drunken void last night of being bored so lots of things seemed a good idea..lol

:excl::excl: Does you mean you sprayed the WHEELS Graphite?

JUST what I'm considering for my Graphite LS400!! Can't decide if I could get used to it after so long with alloys on cars!

Smooth........or naff? (NO!! Not ME! The wheels!)

here is a b4 and after pic... its halfors own alloy wheel spray...the call it steel

:D Thanks a lot for that! I just got two wheels out,(cos previous owner had 'greyed' them, to put alongside the car. LS400 wheels look more solid--bigger flat surface area to show paint/alloy--think it looks good, especially if I can get the wheel refurbisher to match the Lexus paint. It's only important (to me!) when the car's parked, after all. Moving....i'm just a blur?

Would be more obvious on a coloured car; Maroon for example? Or green? Grey shows off the 'L' logo. :)

Personally I prefer the original Silver, I think the grey makes them look dirty and a bit like a cheap restoration job, although i'm sure they look better for real than they do in the photo.

lol... thats because it was a cheap restoration job... :P

Sidevents, nope don't like them, especially that orange IS with them, they spoil the smooth lines and do look rather copy-cat.

ORANGE !!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: defo orange with strips of black tape stuck to a wing which ain't straight :lol::lol: B) :D :P :yack: