Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Van

DUNCAN

As some of you are aware, I'm starting up my own business. For this I need to buy a relatively new van (looking the part gets you more work and all that).

I've come up with two alternatives and would like your thoughts on which , in your opinion is the better van to go for. They're both a similar price so that shouldn't be taken into consideration.

The choises are :-

Ford Transit-Connect

Peugeot Expert

If any of you have heard any horror stories about either, could you please let me know. You help would be very much apreciated. :)

personally i would go for an older toyota hiace

very reliable

nice looking

drive like cars

best power steering i ever used

comfortable

and you can join the TOC

my experience with fords is that they have cheap parts because you use so many of them

:)

yep bazza is right the toyota is a lovely van ,out of the two you mention i would go for the transit connect just because it looks better ,the Peugeot has got the better engine though if you go for the HDi it go,s like stink as well

:lol::lol: Well, it depends on what the business IS! How much space do you need? Doing only local tootling, or longer journeys? Giz a klue?

I can recommend my own Nissan S-Cargo! (no, I'm NOT selling it! ), if you need a small van. It's worth it's weight in astonished looks alone! And people see your name in big letters on the side while they're standing there laughing! :lol:

But it wouldn't do for fast M-way stuff. SLOW M-way stuff yes, but not in windty times, it's 6 feet tall, but only @ 10 feet long! NOT streamlined! Just friendly (like the owner!) :D :driving:

personally i would go for an older toyota hiace

very reliable

nice looking

drive like cars

best power steering i ever used

comfortable

and you can join the TOC

my experience with fords is that they have cheap parts because you use so many of them

Totally agree with dobedo here.

made by the same co.(sort of) as a lexus

Good luck with your venture

john

Transits have air con,lovely to drive and are much more reliable these days.

Vans have moved on somewhat

my van has air con

and electric sunroof

and cd player

and auto gearbox

and its 14 years old

and its japanese

although a nissan :blush:

:D

my van has air con

and electric sunroof

and cd player

and auto gearbox

and its 14 years old

and its japanese

Thought you had a tv too bazza?

my van has air con

and electric sunroof

and cd player

and auto gearbox

and its 14 years old

and its japanese

Thought you had a tv too bazza?

took it out as it attracted to much attention

my van has air con

and electric sunroof

and cd player

and auto gearbox

and its 14 years old

and its japanese

:D THere you are, folks!! TWO of us with Nissan S-Cargos. Who said Lexus drivers were conservative? :zee: B)

As some of you are aware, I'm starting up my own business. For this I need to buy a relatively new van (looking the part gets you more work and all that).

I've come up with two alternatives and would like your thoughts on which , in your opinion is the better van to go for. They're both a similar price so that shouldn't be taken into consideration.

The choises are :-

Ford Transit-Connect

Peugeot Expert

If any of you have heard any horror stories about either, could you please let me know. You help would be very much apreciated. :)

;) the transit has problems with the pump, ford know about this but it takes a little

longer to sort under warranty, that is if you buy new or nearly new. Make sure the pump is covered..

the transit has problems with the pump, ford know about this but it takes a little

longer to sort under warranty, that is if you buy new or nearly new. Make sure the pump is covered..

Thanks for that mate, do you know that from personal experiance ? Is it a common fault on all the connect range ?

I'm looking into buying 6 months to a year old, that way I wont loose too much money as I would if I bought new.

the transit has problems with the pump, ford know about this but it takes a little

Thanks for that mate, do you know that from personal experiance ? Is it a common fault on all the connect range ?

I'm looking into buying 6 months to a year old, that way I wont loose too much money as I would if I bought new.

:huh: A mate of mine runs a hire firm, he told me about the problems he has with the transit, don't buy a iveco they are always breaking down but the one wich he says is most reliable is peuogot/citreon.

sorry it took so long as one had to speak to him before i replied.

I don.t think you can get more reliable than a hire firm. They replace there vans every 18mths as they get a good deal with the manufactures.

hope it helps B)

We have two fiat scudo at work (same body as the PUG) they are crap BIG TIME

I blew the engine up one last 3 weeks ago ........ was driving at 15 mph on the airport....it has 50,000 miles on it and has been serviced by fiat every 10,000....

took 3 weeks too fix it under warranty.

the other one we have is a new SX JTD goes like stink seriously quick....but the brakes are shocking nearly rear ended plenty of cars in it..... Moral of the story dont buy a fiat!!!

Nick

Is this to big then Duncan ?

Renault Traffic

Thanks Chris, but it's too big for what I need.

Whiteman, from what you're saying, the peugeot sounds pretty reliable but only if I get the HDi version(or so I'm told)

Then again, nwc100 is saying they're crap........ I'm confused now ! :duh:

Duncan i have two mates who both have done nearly 100k hassle free miles in peugeot HDi ,s with no major problems .they are a realy nice van and as i said earlier they are very quick for a van ,if its reliabilty you are after i would go for the peugeot HDi but the connect wins it for looks .