Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust Replacement - Upgrade

trevC

Hi all

Now purchased an '01-Y IS200 Sport SatNav from a Lexus dealer!

One of only a couple of probs with the car is that I purchased it knowing the exhaust was not gonna last for a lot longer. Still, got it with £1000 off forecourt price!

The tailpipe is very corroded, not stainless steel looking at all!?! Its not blowing, car's on 40k exactly.

So... What do I replace it with? I'd like to go for an alternative make if theres one out there that offers slightly improved performance, and a sportier "note" without causing ear ache on a long journey!

And a source? Poss for the HKS ones in the UK??

Thanks!!

*** I hope not :) The rest of the car is mint, just have this corroded piece of metal at the rear hehe. Call me vain... but it'll have to go and extra performance always a bonus as the IS200 was a drop in performance from my old car anyway (far outweighed by other benefits tho!!).

Just changed mine for a hks hiper and to tell you the truth, the old exhaust on my 4 and half year old car still looks like it has a good while left in it. As Colin says wait for it to go... you may be surprised.

if its looks, get a chrome zorst tip ;) but performance HKS seems to be the favoured brand here. Do a search theres pages and pages of info :)

PS Congrats on the car, you were very lucky got get 1k knocked off :D what did you have before?

Think ProLex are going to be offering some HKS style IS200 mufflers soon (sure I read that somewhere), if they're anything like the HKS Hiper though they will be LOUD - maybe if you're after something a bit quieter the Blitz Nur Spec or TTE exhaust could be the way to go?

There was a HKS Drager came up for sale recently - I'm tempted to have that and flog the Hiper but it would mean I'd lose a bit of performance (and it sounds sweet!)

Would recommend a Blitz if you don't want a loud exhaust, you need to give it some revs before it sounds louder. Not too sure about gains as i have done nothing else to the engine. I know a man who supplys and fits too... :whistling:

Has anyone ever had their car rolling roaded after fitting an aftermaket back box, i find the 6-8bhp hard to beleive!

Has anyone here tried powerflow at all?

Has anyone had a de-cat, if so, much improvement? did it loose much torque?

thanks