Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How To Rinse Your Car

Now I geddit!

Someone else has written on rinsing the car after a wash and how you only dribble some water on the paintwork.

Now I see why.

I used to spray water on the car which left lots of drops all over.

If you just dribble some water, you get a sheet of water which collects and then falls off the bonnet in one whole sheet leaving virtually no drops of water left. That way, you don't need a squeegy thing and it doesn't leave your chamois soaked. It's a lot quicker too!

i just give mine a blast with the hose.

thinking about it though i always used a watering can when i had my orion ghia, much to the amusement of all my neighbours!

Now I geddit!

Someone else has written on rinsing the car after a wash and how you only dribble some water on the paintwork.

Now I see why.

I used to spray water on the car which left lots of drops all over.

If you just dribble some water, you get a sheet of water which collects and then falls off the bonnet in one whole sheet leaving virtually no drops of water left. That way, you don't need a squeegy thing and it doesn't leave your chamois soaked. It's a lot quicker too!

:D ....OR....you get in car and race off at 70/+ to wind-evaporate all the water?

LS400s are BIG! Takes an age to polish etc! (But don't they look good when done!?) :geek: B)

thinking about it though i always used a watering can when i had my orion ghia, much to the amusement of all my neighbours!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I also get the heavy suds problem.... :blink:

i just give mine a blast with the hose.

:lol: Het!! Is that why you're in the 'Super-duper Member' group? Special car cleaniing technique section? ( Or is it your Super duper member...like me?)

It ain't just size but technique (in car washing, obviously!) :lol:

Will the magic bath also remove polish? i.e completely clean the paint?

or just pure wax?

And can the magic bath be used for removing insects? Please tell me know as I just spent £6 on bug removal products :crybaby:

or just pure wax?

And can the magic bath be used for removing insects? Please tell me know as I just spent £6 on bug removal products :crybaby:

Can you do anything right Raz :P

or just pure wax?

Can you do anything right Raz :P

Pete, that Turtle Wax Rapid Dry Shampoo is rubbish it cost 7 or 8 quid too for 500ml!!!

It dries too quickly and leaves loads of water marks, I've learnt to manage to get to most, but there are still a few drops left.

PS Practice makes perfect :unsure:

for those that have this water mark problem, you only get them if your car has no wax or polish on it, the sooner you put the wax on the less water marks you are going to get ..

with the car waxed properly, when you do wash the car then rinse off the should be virtualy water free as it will glide off..

trust me i tried it no problems with mine.. even tho it was waxed a day before the Gaydon meet.. (3 months ago) still shining today when washed..

But remember that the car has to be washed in the SHADE if possible if not then after the wash move the car into the shade then use the shammy to clean the windows any any other bits of water on ther car.. as the bodywork is cooler and the shammy will work better..

No streaks, No waterspots.. tried & tested.. 10 out of 10..

Raz, your car needs to get sorted out big time.. forget buying all these products left right & center, use the 3 stage maguirs and you definatly need to do the Stage 1 or else it is completely pointless in using stage 2 or 3.. you get the 1st stage right, you think twice about switching to other products .. trust me on this :innocent:

Edited by imi

you get the 1st stage right, you think twice about switching to other products .. trust me on this :innocent:

Thats the problem mate :crybaby: Hopefully pete can show me how its done ;)

I find that a wet chammy is great for getting rid of water spots on the windows - they come up fantastic with one of these.

Got some of the NXT car wash here to try to see what thats like, might give it a go in the morning if i can be ****d to get out of bed!

Well said imi....

Raz as i said i will do and show you how to do 1 panel,the rest is up to you.

Your car will only look good if your prepared to put the effort in,if there is power at JAE i will bring my machine if not i will do it by hand,as imi said skipping stage 1 is a no no,you must get rid of contaminants in the paint work.

For me to do 3/4 stages takes ALL day and you MUST do it in the shade or on a dry cloudy day and in the same day......not stage 1 Monday 2 on Wednesday and so on.

And dont 4get i will do it on the Sunday coz i cant have you competing with me for trophys now can i :lol::lol:

Also,see This pic i put up yesterday.......i just washed it,no polishing at all,as Imi said the last time mine had any polish/wax on it was Gaydon.

:D ....OR....you get in car and race off at 70/+ to wind-evaporate all the water?

Nah!

You've just washed the protective wax off and you want to put the dust and dirt back on?

I think some of you've missed the point. If you rinse this way, it's quicker to chammy 'cos there's virtually no water left. Hence you don't get water spots at least not from washing.

Nah!

You've just washed the protective wax off and you want to put the dust and dirt back on?

I think some of you've missed the point. If you rinse this way, it's quicker to chammy 'cos there's virtually no water left. Hence you don't get water spots at least not from washing.

:unsure: Whoops! Sorry! I tend to be TOO flippant sometimes!

( But my method DOES bring out the FLOTSAM___ha!)

You're quite right of course! (Plus, if the car is waxed, it'll be smoother, and thus GO FASTER!)

Scorpion is right about waxing. (doesn't his car look great, and just a wash down!)

The Spritz seems as if it's like the Armourall stuff that you use on INTERNAL plastic, with plasticiser in. Acrylic does dry out, so you have to 'soften' it with plasticiser (I tried Armourall on my partners Ren-5, which had NEVER had its plastic done, for 14 years! STILL did a good job! I even have to apply plasticiser to my WATERBED every 6 months!)

I guess the basic answer to all this, as Scorpion says, is that you only get out what you put in! There's no substitute for the hours it takes!

I'm going to try the BIG WAX on my LS400, (after stage 1/2 etc!)and then rinse/ spritz occasionally. (Graphite doesn't shine as much, visually; but the 'upside' is that it doesn't look dirty as much as black, even when it is :driving: !)

I showed some of you this product

http://www.lexuscarcare.com/son-200.html

this is totally streak free... and enhances the colour.

I do not use soap unless the car has road film from rain.

I always apply the spritz which is amazing.

Don't you find you need to rinse the car off first? I'm worried about scratching the paintwork by rubbing in the dirt/grit you pick up from the road.