Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clay Pigeon Shooting

Fargo

Went clay Pigeon Shooting over the w/e up at Headley, first time ive shot a real gun.. aint bad is it, much fun..

went and did 10 shots on the practice bit, managed to hit 3..

Then the rain came and stopped play for a bit,

we then went on the 'In line' thing,, 5 of you in a line, 3 points for hitting the clay with on shot and 2 for hitting it with the second shot..

go a respectable 40 points out of 75.. and in my eagerness a couple of time i even hit the samer clay with both shots..(didnt get 5 poitns for it though lol)

So all in all a good way to waste a few hours.. i will be gping again for sure..

In TA days, I carried around an SA80 over the weekends, blank firing and live firing.

During Hendon training had a day out at an undisclosed venue and fired one live round on a target range with the MP5 (machine gun carried at Heathrow), and three live rounds out of the Gloc pistol.

Used to do the proper bit...........wood pigeons & pheasants.........

very difficult met Mick Channon,Eamon Darcy,David elsworth & max hastings (grumpy git)

moving to london stopped that :whistling:

hand eye cordination...........

Did this with my Uncle a few years back as he's right into it - first time I did it I wasn't expecting the kickback and fell right on my ****!

I'm a crap shot but it was a lot of fun!

yeah... i have not been shooting for many years... used to do a bit of bunny shooting with my grandad.. i used to have a nice little four 10 when i was a kid...then started using shot guns when i was a bit older...

meet sounds good...

Went to Thailand earlier this year - hired a boat to one of the islands to shoot guns. Shot an M16 assault rifle, Magnum .357, Colt 9mm and a pump action shotgun.

The kick back from the hand guns and shotgun were incredible - much more than I had anticipated. It's quite frightening and goes some way to explain how Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta survived THAT shootout in Pulp Fiction. One friend fired six shots at a target no more than 15 yards away and missed completely with all six! :lol:

Spent cases from the 9mm ejecting onto your head was a bit scary too! :huh: