Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Noise from the co driver seat

Hello Boje. I too have a noise from the co-drivers seat, but its my fault for marrying her! No seriously, i hear a clicking-ticking noise from somewhere up front but i cannot say it is deinately the drivers or passngers seat. It is not affected by a bumpy road or bad cornering, it is not all the time. I will have to get my wife to ride in the back and lay on the floor-oooohhh:rolleyes:

I believe it comes from the seat belt hinge on the top of the passenger side..... most likely this would happen to be quite new on most cars due to reduced usage. I had a fiddle with it while on the move once and got rid of it... of course it came back again later... now I don't notice it.

Hi Boje .... I too get the clicking/creaking noise from the front passenger seat - it seems to be coming from the seatbelt casing - and only creaks when the seatbelt is engaged ...... like Ezzer, I have come to ignore it ...... or turn the stereo up :lol:

Originally posted by Wallace

i hear a clicking-ticking noise from somewhere up front but i cannot say it is deinately the drivers or passngers seat.

I've got the same problem on the driver side. Can't figure out where it's coming from. Told mydealer but he coulnd't find it either. :?:

Hopefully I can help with this. Had the same problem with the passenger seat in my last Lexus which was a year 2000 IS 200 Se.

The seat would squeek and click away and did my head in. If you pushed down hard in the centre of the seat it would disappear. Took it back to Lexus Aberdeen and the Mechanic said we've had quite a few of these. I think they replaced a part in the seat frame base . It was all done under warranty so you should all be covered.

I have suffered a similar annoying noise from the passenger seat which seemed to be cured if you pushed down in the middle of it.

Howver it seems to have been cured by taking my fat friend for a spin. Since he sat in it for a day trip I can't remember hearing the noise again........:bounce:

I think it just needed it the springs stretching a little :smug:

Originally posted by andyhart21

Check the seat belt socket, where it attaches to the seat. I have spent hours trying to trace the damm squeak, and I finally found it the other day!

A little bit of WD40 did the trick

ANDY!!! i thought you knew about this!:rolleyes: ;)

http://teamlexus.co.uk/forums/viewthread.php?tid=411

well here are some solutions to the squeaking prob.

• 2 weeks later...

I just searched 1 hour in the car and passenger seat would have forwards support to the rear and again back and more so further and half a can of WD 40, seat disguise dismantled and helped nothing chirps all probably from within inside, or I must complete once the seat or expired with somebodies else help at it, dealer is not guarantee expired, rattle the loudspeakers behind also always however in addition another post.

Originally posted by fluff34567
Originally posted by andyhart21

Check the seat belt socket, where it attaches to the seat. I have spent hours trying to trace the damm squeak, and I finally found it the other day!

A little bit of WD40 did the trick

ANDY!!! i thought you knew about this!:rolleyes: ;)

http://teamlexus.co.uk/forums/viewthread.php?tid=411

well here are some solutions to the squeaking prob.

Oooooppps! Sorry Rob! I obviously didnt read that post:rolleyes:

btw boje, are you sure that this annoying noise isnt the missus???

My passenger seat and belt was moved the other day, and it started to rattle again, it turned out that the belt hinge at the top was set at its lowest position and then the actual buckle was flapping against the seat edges/side-airbag bit. I have now lowered the buckle to where the seat is softer and the rattle has gone again.