Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

K&n Panel Filter For Is200

Gavin G

I got mine from a company called fasterfilters in scotland. Their website is www.fasterliters.co.uk. But they dont have the filter for the IS200 displayed on their website. Mail them at sales@fasterfilters.co.uk quoting the part number 33-2845. payment is through paypal. Got mine in a couple of days.

Think you have to clean and oil it Raz.

Besides, how many people are going to do a million miles or even remember about the warranty in 10 years time - guess this is one of those clauses where they offer it but not many people actually ever claim it?

I got mine from a company called fasterfilters in scotland. Their website is www.fasterliters.co.uk. But they dont have the filter for the IS200 displayed on their website. Mail them at sales@fasterfilters.co.uk quoting the part number 33-2845. payment is through paypal. Got mine in a couple of days.

The IS200 one is listed here 3rd one down!

Think you have to clean and oil it Raz.

Besides, how many people are going to do a million miles or even remember about the warranty in 10 years time - guess this is one of those clauses where they offer it but not many people actually ever claim it?

Aido, i mean the air filter is supposed to be change very 40/20k miles right? So if will save on costs from that point of view. Do stick in the washing machine?!? :lol::blink:

LOL!

Think you can actually buy a K&N cleaning kit which purges the crap out, saw it on a website when I was looking for a cone filter the other day - dunno if it's required though? I'm running one of the K&N panel filters at the minute and don't know if it was any different to the TTE one since I had it fitted at the same time as the SC.

I'm running one of the K&N panel filters at the minute and don't know if it was any different to the TTE one since I had it fitted at the same time as the SC.

The filter with the TTE S/C kit is a standard toyota part - for a Celica.

Got K+N replacement for that from TDi..... eventually :P

Is this really worth doing? I've done this on other cars and the DME simply compensates back so you get slightly better mpg (well that's what happened on my 330ci) and not performance difference.

Please feel free to shoot me down in flames....

If the filter allows air to go through easier then you will get slightly better mpg as the engine has to do less work. You really won't see a performance benefit. If you also upgrade the exhaust then the stock filter may become a bit restrictive so you may see more benefit

The k&n also has the cost saving advantage as you can clean and re-use.

The k&n also has the cost saving advantage as you can clean and re-use.

Seems, like a very worthwhile mod then. colin do you know the clean procedures? and like aido says do you have to buy a clean kit for some more £££ ?

interesting i have been looking for a after market air filter for some time.

is there any benfit in the replacement panel filters, i know induction kits would give better performance but i can not justify spending £200 on a air filter to my wife :lol:

Thanks

Thanks rakesh , I emailed FasterFilters and got a response in a couple of minutes, paid via Paypal and my postie delivered the filter the next day. Very fast, if your looking for a K&N filter I would deffo see these guys.. :D