Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Computer Keeps Freezing

dharms12

I have win xp sum times wen it boots up it freezes and i have to restart. When am trying to install software it freezes what can it be am lost and need help. I have checked everything and can;t find the fault so please help?? Thanks

Spec: amd 3000xp

512ddr ram

120gig hd

Win xp and nortons antivirus

Is this a new set up or have you been using this spec for a while, does your system lock up after a while or during the boot up.

It sounds like 1 of 2 things, either faulty MEM or the CPU is becoming unstable.

If MEM, download an app called GoldMem, create yourself a bootable Floppy and extract the app to the Floppy, boot from the disk and run app.

If CPU, remove heatsink and either replace the thermal pad or reapply the paste on the heatsink.

Hope this helps

BR

Paul

My computer kept freezing,im not computer expert,but found the problem my self,it turned out the CD was dodgy....it seems that XP checks things on your computer as your using it...because there was a small problem with the CD drive it seemed as through XP couldnt move onto and would freeze up because it couldnt finish its task....i bought and fitted a new CD drive and its been fine ever since.....may be worth you looking at it :unsure: