Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fig's Is Hood Struts

aido

Guys, just fitted my hood struts and one seems to be slightly longer than the other so keeps going a little bit after the other is extended - not much (half a second or something) but is that normal?

And are your nuts holding in the bonnet very tight or loose? Mine are tightish (will go further but pulling the bonnet out of line.

Very happy with the mod though, absolutely great, and the first time I've ever fitted a mod like this to the car!

Will ask the guys over at IS300 too - guessing it's normal but not 100% sure. Bloody good design though!

Thanks in advance fellas.

Stupid question :P

Basically mate, think of the bit of metal that holds the bonnet up when it's open, now take that away, and replace it with two pneumatic struts in there either side to keep it open.

Looks much better than the standard one, and feels cool when you can just open the bonnet half way and it opens the rest itself :)

Got them from a guy called Fig over at IS300.net - Fargo & SteveAudioX have them, and think Maz's are here as well.

Only cost something like a ton, not bad at all - a very functional mod :)

Here's some pics mate to give you an idea of what they are:

http://hazy.my-is300.com/prop.php

Some nice pics on that site too, Hazy's IS is great, would definitely have the Stillen or Millen kit fitted on mine tomorrow if it was the right size for the UK IS :crying:

Hi Aido.

I don't really use mine for bonnet lift, but just help it glide up but holding the bonnet then it stas up.

If i let go of the bonnet when it goes up, it goes and then creaks when fully open, as the brackets near the bonnet hinge could be better built ( thinker material )

I'm not too sure but I doulbt one strut travels further then the other mate.

I will look into this tomorrow morning.

Meanwhile, I PM you my tell for further enquiries ... :whistling:

Thanks Steve, I'm going to check some stuff out tomorrow as I think it may be down to my alignment of the right hand side brace being at a slightly different angle so there's less play there - will have a play tomorrow evening if I get chance - thanks again for the PM mate :)

Get rid of the catch under the front, and you could have full opening from inside ! :P

the struts are not strong enough to lift from a closed position.. you need to get past the half way mark for the struts to do this..

Got them from a guy called Fig over at IS300.net - Fargo & SteveAudioX have them, and think Maz's are here as well.

I spoke to Fig and hes very helpful, he said i can order direct from David, so i e-mailed to him and i never got any reply from him, i send him another pm last night, let see if i get any reply..... :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Maz, mine came very quickly indeed from Fig!

Thanks for confiming things are okay guys - was a bit worried I'd done something wrong!

Maz, mine came very quickly indeed from Fig!

Thanks for confiming things are okay guys - was a bit worried I'd done something wrong!

yes Fig is fast, at least he reply to my pm, and hes shipping it out today....cant wait

There's a guy over at IS300.net called Fig - if you drop him a message he should be able to sort you out (he designed the kit!)

Good lad too!