Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Upgrading V300 Brakes

tempo

i changed my front disc to EBC groved with green stuff pads all around but never noticed any difference i think it may be even worse.

what are the upgrade options for the v300. my brakes feel like i have no pads inplace. i hear supra disc + calliper is an option but i dont know how complicated it will be.

what sort of figures will i be looking at

There are several options for the Aristo.

The easiest way is buying the Supra TT calipers, pads, rotors and stainless steel brakelines. Expect to pay about GBP800 to pay for a brand new set.

The disadvantage of the Supra upgrade is that it is very heavy and a rather old design (the Supra was available from 1992 ...).

A better upgrade is to go for an Prolex big brake upgrade, that consists of 4-pot calipers, 330mm 2-piece rotors, which is a much newer, lighter design. Expect to pay about GBP1000 - 1100 for this setup.

Other options are ... TRD/ UCF30, brembo, MovIt big brake kits. These kits are about GBP1300 - 1800

You forgot to mention the 4-pot upgrade means you need new rims with a Supra off-set, an expensive upgrade.

I have got my brakes so hard they're locking up on my V300 if I push them enough.

I run the Black Diamond grooved disc with the Black Diamond Predator pad (very low brake dust), Castrol SRF Dot 4 brake fluid and Goodridge steel braided lines. All this with the STANDARD 2-POT CALIPER.

All the GS300 stuff fits.

Get the discs/pads/lines from http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk I paid 240 for everything.

Get the Castrol SRF fluid from http://www.demon-tweeks.com/ - you'll need 3L minimum at 45 quid per litre. You'll notice the difference after lots of heavy braking e.g. it won't go spongey.

For track, I run Project-mu 777 or 999 racing pads, unbelievable. Work well enough on the road to drive to track, then you're looking at around 150 laps on the track - they're that tough. Standard pads last around 3 laps. 180 per pair from www.jap-racing.com.

I may also point out the other two brake setups of choice for boosted V300's (owners must have dosh) :

AP Racing 6-pot upgrade (out 2003, pretty new)

brembo 4-pot upgrade (as fitted to 800hp V300's etc.)

• 4 months later...

First of all I am a new member and I find this chat room and all you guys are the most help I hav ever gotten with any car. I like this supra brake upgrade thought but like mentioned by someone else what does this do to the wheel offset? Do i have to buy the supra rotars as well and do I now have to buy new rims [this is if i use the standard supra TT brakes]?

I am personally interested in this Idea and would like to know the whole process of this. Also are the Aristo TT Vertex disc pads the same as the american lexus gS400 [i need disc pads soon and america is the closest country to me]?

There are several options for the Aristo.

The easiest way is buying the Supra TT calipers, pads, rotors and stainless steel brakelines.  Expect to pay about GBP800 to pay for a brand new set.

The disadvantage of the Supra upgrade is that it is very heavy and a rather old design (the Supra was available from 1992 ...).

A better upgrade is to go for an Prolex big brake upgrade, that consists of 4-pot calipers, 330mm 2-piece rotors, which is a much newer, lighter design.  Expect to pay about GBP1000 - 1100 for this setup.

Other options are ... TRD/ UCF30, Brembo, MovIt big brake kits.  These kits are about GBP1300 - 1800

• 8 months later...

I've got a mkiv supra with UK spec brakes which is what we are talking about here. there are brembo grooved and drilled discs available with racing hawk or chris wilson pads and several other disc options that go with the stock UK brakes. Check the supra forums as the group buys are doing these as full setups for the front circa £550 and the rear £600 complete with stock discs calipers and pads. the brembo discs are around £400 they look cool. i just fitted a set today.

Supra boys are putting Motul brake fluid in BTW

If you just want a cheap upgrade porterfield pads are about the best I have ever heard of for those brakes. Chris wilson also make some good pads I think fit these brakes.