Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot Opening

Do you mean about it opening completely? Generally different people's boots open different amounts. When mine was just popping open, but not lifting at all, I took it to the dealer and they replaced the boot springs which made it open all the way off the keyfob. But now just over a year later, it only opens half way, and soon it'll probably stop altogether.

Hi mate

i had the same problem, and then found some of the members here have out cut and tie clips to put more tension in the springs, i have done this and now my boot opens 3/4 of the way, much better than before.

hope this helps

Raj

cheers

my boot only opens about 1cm i have to manually open to the full amount, how much for the dealers to replace the boot springs??

its because you now have a spoiler fitted ;)

Does sombody have the P/N of the stiffer springs?

Perhaps some oil would help (only if no spoiler is fitted). Sometimes even the license-frame is to heavy for the springs to open the boot completly (US-frames in metall/chrome).

So if somebody have a number for the springs.......

Had similar problems with mine. Lexus replaced the springs under warranty (had an IS200 Sport at the time) and after a few months it was back to opening just a crack. Nothing they could do further and the weight of the spoiler means it opens less than others anyway.

If you can live with it I wouldn't bother forking out for new springs.

Lexus replaced my springs as well and a few months later they went back to normal. but when i was speaking to the guy there he told that they do two springs ones a stiffer spring which they fit to the is sport models.

Lexus replaced my springs as well and a few months later they went back to normal. but when i was speaking to the guy there he told that they do two springs ones a stiffer spring which they fit to the is sport models.

is that on the revised sport models?

Mine used to open about half way for the first 5 weeks I had the car........... then I got run into and now it barely pops the catch :sick:

Just grin :) and bear it

ur signature pic is massive!!!!!!!!!! :o :lol:

If you open the boot on a windy day with the rear end of the car facing the gale I find the boot lid shoots right up in the air then dissapears over the top of the car.

Joking aside, and not wishing to speak out of turn guys, but does it really matter how far it opens?? Mine sometimes opens about 1cm as Wosket said, other times it opens all the way.

Now if I had paid the £x amount on a S600 Merc or Rolls where the boot opens and closes off of the key fob, I might get a little miffed if it didn't work.

Depends if I want to put the Stella's on the ground

Point taken - but as Maz said whitie, you could use your hand to open the boof before removing the stella's from the trolley.

Or you could try towing a fan that switches on when you press the boot release button :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links