Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nemesis Dtm Bodykit And Eyelines

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to get a straw poll as to the general opinion about the Nemesis bodykit for the IS200. Do you like it, hate it, think it's too expensive, a bargain, too extreme, too tame, too wide, too much fitting etc? Price is currently on offer at £1000 + VAT for the front, sides, rear and eyelines, and £395 + VAT for the bonnet.

lexus_is200_bodykit.gif

Also what do you guys think of the eyelines. Thinking about doing them for £35 + VAT a pop to forum members if you guys like them?

nemesis_lexus_is200_eye_line_lg.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mate... i think its too OTT mate...

Think the bonnet is horrible... much prefer the C-One bonnet (Dual vents)

Also the GT wing looks out of place..., would have been better with the arch spoiler... The lex is still a prestige car, no matter what peple do to modify them.

The eyebrows are very nice.... very similar to the C-West eyebrows and in my opion alot nicer than the Tom`s eyebrows...

Skirts are very nice as is the rear... front is perfect for those with intercoolers!

Bonnet is well priced as well...

Hope i don`t sound too negative mate, as it aint a bad kit at all, and i`m sure your selling them by the truck load...

Price seems quite good. Too extreme for my tastes though.

Can the headlamp washers be fitted to the bumper? If not you will have a problem with owners with HID lights (IS200 LE and IS300s) as they require them.

What is the bonnet made from?

Rear spoiler does make it look 'kev'ved up and ruins what is already a lovely bodykit.

Agree with Ruskie though - no graphics as it's too overstated but again, I like subtle bodykits.

I'd consider buying ... How much all inclusive to fit and paint? :D

The eyelids you get cheaper on ebay

These eyelids are our manufactured by us - what do you think is a good price?

The graphics are just because it's a demo car and we have to big ourselves up!

Wheels and tyres -

Front 18 x 9 265x35ZR18

Rear 18 x 11 315x30ZR18

Gives you some serious grip!!

Fitting and painting would cost £4000 + VAT on top of the kit. I know you are now probably falling over with shock, but the price is due to the arch modifications and blending work involved, the job is proably 150 - 200 hours. We are not the cheapest but consider our bodywork to be of excellent quality. No doubt you may be able to get a cheaper quote at another bodyshop but it is an involved project and needs to be done right. Any kit with wide arches is going to be expensive. Whereas if you take the Veilside kit for example, which is just front, sides, rear, mirrors and wing, we would probably only charge around £2000 to fit and paint to match.

The bumper will take the headlight washers as it's basically FRP. We chose to ditch them as we are basically building a race car - so no AC, no Power Steering, no ABS, no Traction etc....

so £5,875 including vat for a bodykit fitted.... wow.... no thanks! I'd say thats just a bit too much really. I understand fitting the fender flares etc would take time but I couldnty possibly justify paying someone £4000 to do that, i'd expect a full respray for that too!

I think i'd rather spend half that getting one from Hong Kong.

Sorry, I didn't make this clear. The quoted price for fitting does include a full respray with the removal of all screens, painting of all panels and shuts.

As I said the price elsewhere may be cheaper. However, one customer that bought a kit had been quoted £3000 by his bodyshop. When they saw how involved the fitting was they revised it to £4000.

As I mentioned the Veilside kit costs around £2,800 but fitting and painting is only £2000.

Perhaps we should redesign the kit without the wide arches.....?

The eyelids you get cheaper on ebay

These eyelids are our manufactured by us - what do you think is a good price?

The graphics are just because it's a demo car and we have to big ourselves up!

Wheels and tyres -

Front 18 x 9 265x35ZR18

Rear 18 x 11 315x30ZR18

Gives you some serious grip!!

Fitting and painting would cost £4000 + VAT on top of the kit. I know you are now probably falling over with shock, but the price is due to the arch modifications and blending work involved, the job is proably 150 - 200 hours. We are not the cheapest but consider our bodywork to be of excellent quality. No doubt you may be able to get a cheaper quote at another bodyshop but it is an involved project and needs to be done right. Any kit with wide arches is going to be expensive. Whereas if you take the Veilside kit for example, which is just front, sides, rear, mirrors and wing, we would probably only charge around £2000 to fit and paint to match.

The bumper will take the headlight washers as it's basically FRP. We chose to ditch them as we are basically building a race car - so no AC, no Power Steering, no ABS, no Traction etc....

No matching to do if your re-painting the whole car for that price

Sorry, I didn't make this clear. The quoted price for fitting does include a full respray with the removal of all screens, painting of all panels and shuts.

As I said the price elsewhere may be cheaper. However, one customer that bought a kit had been quoted £3000 by his bodyshop. When they saw how involved the fitting was they revised it to £4000.

As I mentioned the Veilside kit costs around £2,800 but fitting and painting is only £2000.

Perhaps we should redesign the kit without the wide arches.....?

i like the arches best !

:)

kit is a good price , somewhat lower than last years price

if the fitting is all top class, gauranteed then thats not bad

but why the full respray ?

Lets start with the hood. I realy like it but i wouldnt pay that much for just fibreglass when for £500 i can have a full carbonfibre hood. £200 would be more realistic, maybe £250 coz you still gotta get it painted unlike a carbon hood. But its still more sleek than a Kev evo vent.

The kit is nice, but i would rather the kit looked a little more subtle. Yes a 300+mm wide tyre is great but its also damn pricey if you drive a lot.

Maybe some wheel spacers and a less broad arch is needed. But dont loose the arch.

The bumpers are too wild for me, i love the styling of companies like Brabus and AMG. Follow those lines and im sure you will sell it.

The IS200 is a luxury car not a KEV car, not to keen on having enuf mesh to make a rabbit run!

And as for forking out £4000 for fitting and painting, that just put me off. might as well advertise the cost as £5500. Thats half the cost of a 4 year old IS200. And considering a lot of people like to hit our cars and drive off thats too much of a financial loss to incur.

How about making add on flares, bumpers etc. that add to existing bumpers and dont cost the earth or require the car to be away for 8 weeks.

But as a race car it would look mean, but it just aint gangsta!