Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Might Not Able To Make Jae Now

Chris.S

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Billy, only happened about 10 - 15 minutes after you'd passed us mate, we were sat at about 75-80 and boom, massive cloud of white smoke came from Chris's car and he had to pull over - engine went basically. When it first went I thought it was the back drivers side tyre had blown until the smoke cleared and could see it was still intact.

Chris said that it misfired then just cut out, it was lucky there was no-one about so Chris could cut over to the hard shoulder. No warning signs at all.

Smoke was billowing out the engine bay and she was ****** fluid out all over the place, was still leaking a couple of hours later when she was dropped off by the tow truck.

Not exactly sure what the problem is, hopefully someone will take a look at it today for Chris, they're were thinking maybe a piston has popped out or something (over my head unfortuntely).

Whatever the fluid was it tasted rubbery and the guy who towed it said it was engine oil, transmission fluid, coolant etc...

Engine was seized and Chris said the oil light came on straight away as soon as he tried to restart it.

Wouldn't have thought the ** would cause this after 8k - hopefully should be no probs with Lexus warranty?

Good luck getting it sorted mate.

:ohmy::ohmy::crybaby: WTF Hope you get it sortees a beut....who was the third car in your mini convoy yesterday?? (play ice)

Shahz, that was BillyBandit's car mate, didn't realise it was you at first then all of a sudden I saw L3X TC boom past as well and realised it was Fargo & co! You lot don't stick to 40 on the M25 then :P

Chris, is that a major fix mate? Or is that the swap of the block you were talking about? Good luck fella, any word on whether she's covered?

Chris, is that a major fix mate? Or is that the swap of the block you were talking about? Good luck fella, any word on whether she's covered?

Cost wise im looking at £2500 for a replacement short block assy then plus labour

Sorry to hear this Chris, any ideas as to what may have caused this. Let me know if I can help at all bud.

Keep us updated and I'm sure someone can give you a lift to JAE

BR

Paul

:ohmy:  :ohmy:  :crybaby: WTF Hope you get it sortees a beut....who was the third car in your mini convoy yesterday?? (play ice)

Shahz, that was BillyBandit's car mate, didn't realise it was you at first then all of a sudden I saw L3X TC boom past as well and realised it was Fargo & co! You lot don't stick to 40 on the M25 then :P

man,, thats bad news Chris,, were abouts on the M40 were you,,

Aido,, i couldnt help my speed, i had an off duty copper chasing me...(lmao)..