Just been told by the Croydon branch that the motor opperating the sliding sunroof (on my 97R Series II SE) needs replacing. They've quoted me almost £500.00 for the motor and said it will take 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours to fit at £95.00 per hour (or part) labour. Thats almost £700.00!!!! Surely they are having a laugh. That's 10% of the cars value for a poxy electric motor. Anyone know where I can get one at a more down to earth price as I really don't need a gold plated one!!!

might be worth finding out exactly what's wrong with the motor - might just need new brushes, or a rewind

Does the sunroof not work at all?

Sunroof doesn't open or tilt at all. I would imagine that it's the same motor used in all Lexi and indeed Toyota. Will probably take it to an independant mechanic I know who'll be able to check it's condition.

I know having a feature that doesnt work is annoying, but if it's going to cost a fortune why bother? I can't really see the need for a sunroof when you have A/C.