Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Se-l Suspension Issue?

My new RX300 SE-L seems to prefer making the passenger side higher than the drivers. I parked it up today, upon walking back noticed that the left hand side was 2 inches higher than the right. Started it and it returned to normal.

This got me thinking, over the last few weeks it has been not holding the road as well as it did previously + a feeling of boucy'ness (is that a word). I am wondering if it might be doing this whilst I am driving as well as when it is parked.

Anyone seen similar behaviour???

• 2 weeks later...

Well after two visits back to my dealer (the 1st time they couldn't find anything wrong) they finally fixed it. Water had leaked into one of the sensors and was giving duff info to the computer.

They (Lexus Reading) did a sterling job repairing it....

:D

• 5 years later...

Hi,

I am having a similar problem with my lexus but no warranty.

Did they replace your sensors?

I have an 03 rx300 sel and have had two bad experiences with the suspension....the first was sorted as a broken wire found (after a lot of threats about nearly £2000 to fix!) and the second is corrosion around the sensors which leads to bad signals to the computer and the system shows as being turned off.....a good clean of the sensors and some wd40 and a fair amount of prodding etc has don the trick......no new sensors yet!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I am having a similar problem with my lexus but no warranty.

Did they replace your sensors?

I have an 03 rx300 sel and have had two bad experiences with the suspension....the first was sorted as a broken wire found (after a lot of threats about nearly £2000 to fix!) and the second is corrosion around the sensors which leads to bad signals to the computer and the system shows as being turned off.....a good clean of the sensors and some wd40 and a fair amount of prodding etc has don the trick......no new sensors yet!

Hi,

Are there any obvious warning signs that the air suspension is about to fail?

Also, can the air suspension be set to off (may be a daft question), so in the event of failure the car is still driveable at the correct ride height? Probably a better question is can the air suspension be overridden?

I am in the market for another RX and will be viewing an SE-L on friday.

Regs

Jules.