Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oil

It depends, bertoilli is good or even Pizz Buin ;) sorry!

I've had different feedback from dealers, semi synthetic or fully synthetic or even compound ??? Mine's going in for a 40k soon and I want to take my own oil with me - Sorry not much help, but I'm confused - any help appreciated!

Oil, what is Oil??? Had the car three years now, every service the nice people at Lexus Wolverhampton give us a spare Litre of oil , Castrol GTX Magnasomething this year. We now have three unopened bottle of oil in the garage. Yes I do know where the filler is :P

Car gets a fair amount of stick at weekends and I do loads of short commuter trips during the week - always changed oil that frequent on all cars I've owned - never had any lubrication related failures so continue to do it.

Mad on the cost front and with the improved engineering tolerances these days as well as better oil technology probably a complete waste of time but old habits die hard ...

Plus it makes me feel good doing something in return for all the fun I have thrashy around :P

Fully synthetic oil like Mobil 1 would be fine for longer intervals but it can't do any harm changing it often other than harm to your wallet. You could always get an oil analysis done on the old oil which would tell you if it is still fine to use.

Mobile 1 for mine - every 5k ...

You are kidding right? :blink:

Heck... i change mine every 3K!!! some of my mates use my used oil for their cars, as its still clean when i drop it :lol:

For what it costs and the time envolved, i think it is well worth doing every 5k... even if i am a little over the top doing it every 3k.

Mine was last flushed and filled with Castrol SLX*.

*A fully synthetic oil that offers a host of noticeable benefits including faster engine starting, improved acceleration with prolonged engine life and, importantly, better fuel economy. Independent tests have indicated that drivers who specify synthetic oil regularly recoup the cost of engine oil in fuel savings over a typical year's motoring.

Apparently.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links