Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance

All,

I have just got my renewal and what a surprise its gone up a couple of hundred quid, so I have called around the Big Names and to my absolute surprise the best quote so for is...... Lexus/Toyota :blink: :D

So before I go with these any other recommendations?

Thanks

PS I have filled in the form for DiG and not got anything back yet

Lexus insurance seems a bit weird. Some people have had good quotes but most people say they are nearly double what others charge (a bit like the AA).

Try the normal:

Sainburys

Tesco

Elephant/Admiral/Bell Direct

Esure

Direct line

Norwich Union

have a look at confused.com to get multiple quotes.

Lexus insurance seems a bit weird. Some people have had good quotes but most people say they are nearly double what others charge (a bit like the AA).

I maybe got lucky then ...

Renewal with CIS is 25quid down on last year to about 800.

Tried Lexus, they said 400 and something....

AND that included a 30% loading for compressor etc :)

Asked for specimen policy to compare what's what ...

Also called Liverpool + Victoria.

They said 500 odd + charged no extra for mods. Said keep photos / receipts.

Called back to check if protected ncd and got different person.

Then was told no can't cover coz of mods. Recent change of rules apparently.

Must say having been with CIS from late 80's, i'm loathed to change now.

No probs with claims i've had and seem ok to cover whatever i get - for a price :)

But, be interesting to see how the Lexus policy compares - and who runs it.

heres an idea mate.. try adding the wife/girlfriend/mum...

I was getting quotes for some pretty outragous cars, and just adding my 25 year-old girlfriend meant the quote went down £200-ish!!!

Thanks everyone, tried all the big names went on confused and elephant and the cheapest quote was from Admiral £660, my renewal from Liverpool Victoria £660.

Lexus underwritten by Aioi Insurance Company of Europe £560. So I have gone with Lexus, some nice benefits like immediate repair authorization with Lexus.

Gave CIS a go £ 1008, added my girlfriend and that increased the quotes by a couple of hundred quid. :ohmy:

All in all, you have got to shop around, no point calling 3 or 4 you need to call 10 or 12 :)

It depends on the driver. Some companies are more aggressive such as mine, Privilege.

Since the cost of repairs is the same whatever the cost of the car this doesn't make much difference.

The major differences are the XS, the mileage you do and your driving history.

Ian ( Fidgits ) is it OK if I add your 25 year old girlfriend to my policy ? If so it'll be down to neary £100 if I save £200 

You don't want to add Mrs Mop - I undersatand she rolls cars whenever it's sunny !!

Renewed my insurance today. Lexus insurance came in almost 200 notes cheaper than the best of the rest - Norwich Union.

Plus I like the reduced excess and the Lexus repair policy.

Strange - I've just also renewed my Z4 insurance (its been an expensive month) and BMW Insurance came in over 250 pounds better that the rest.

Might be something in this?