Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Its Alive And Back On The Road...

Scorpion

Thats a sweet motor you got there Scorpion :winky:

She looks in A1 condition

Did you go to the Ford RS owners day the other weekend up at Castle Combe?

It was a cracking day up there with plenty of quality RS`s and a RS 200 driving on track giving loads of beans :D

So i take it,its been off the road 5 months....why that long getting it sorted....saving up....sourcing another engine?

What sort of bhp was it putting out before it broke? heard the engines are really only good for 50,60k before a rebuild.Thats what put me off one a few years ago.

Not sure what the bhp is at the mo but i think its safe for 400bhp,before it was pushing 350bhp with 220 lbs of torque,it has to go and be live mapped when its run in as he has a different ECU to go in.

Was off the road for that long coz he wanted to make sure he found the right tuner to do the re-build(it didn't take that long to re-build)there are a lot of so-called cossie tuners out there that turn out to be w*****s as he found out with other RS's he has owned.Daz gets a spec sheet when the guy comes back from holiday,so will be interesting to see exactly what its pushing out.

And Pauls right it looks much better in the flesh B)

Dave......classic insurance thats what hes got :whistling:

Surprised nobody has attempted to put one into an is yet...  Sourced quite easily and very tunable...  parts are cheap as chips compared to tuning Lexus as well...

Someone did consider it, on a 2002 post :whistling: but the engine was consider too old skool.

I somehow dont think they are as reliable as a lexus :P

Surprised nobody has attempted to put one into an is yet...   Sourced quite easily and very tunable...  parts are cheap as chips compared to tuning Lexus as well...

Someone did consider it, on a 2002 post :whistling: but the engine was consider too old skool.

I somehow dont think they are as reliable as a lexus :P

I know but those things can go like stink... they get put in everything else, so i am surprised why one hasn`t been put in the is200.

Thanks for all of the comments guys!! Much appreciated! :D

Just got to run it in now, it's doing my head in. I just want to put foot down so badly. Oh well, won't be too long. :D

I was trying to persuade the ol' man to put a cossie lump in his, but he's too scared! Eh Dad! :winky: I think someone shuold do it though, I doubt it would cost a lot of money and you would have the best of both worlds. Good looks and comfort of the Lex and something that actually goes when you put your foot down! :P :P :winky:

On a side note, I know JAE is next week, I'm coming and I wanted to take my car (to add a few miles to it). I was wondering if I could get on the lexus stand on the Sunday?? Obviously I don't want it right in the middle of all of your cars. But if it is the same layout as last year, maybe I could put it round by the side of the Lexus Show caravan thingy out of the way???

Any chance? :D

Cheers

Darrone

I was trying to persuade the ol' man to put a cossie lump in his, but he's too scared! Eh Dad! ;) I think someone shuold do it though, I doubt it would cost a lot of money and you would have the best of both worlds. Good looks and comfort of the Lex and something that actually goes when you put your foot down! :P :P ;)

My thoughts exactley!

Sorry, should just say that the only reason I want it "near" your stand is because I don't really want to leave it in the main car park, don't trust it!! :unsure:

See i knew it you are a Lexus wannabe :lol::lol:

Well i did think about the cozzie lump as you know but hopefully going down another route :winky: