Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Detailing Clay Is Amazing

Steve

I just tested my detailing clay i bought from here out this afternoon in prep for JAE

I found the bottom skirts were really really rough.. I could not even compound it out.

So I lubed up the bottom skirts and starting rubing the clay over the rough surface.. at first it felt rough but after a few seconds of rubbing the roughness was gone.

I looked at the clay and I could not believe how much crap there was on the clay bar... I wiped off the lube and could not beleive the shine.

One happy bunny.. this stuff is amazing and worth every penny.

Thanks to Matthew for pointing this stuff out!

get it from here

The same stuff I used, it does wonders for the paint work. Will be doing mine during the week ready for JAE, may even give it another go on Friday after I've arrived.

Take some piccs of the Before and After

clay is good stuff, I used the Meg's one first but the bar is tiny - best to import this stuff and get a nice big bar from the LOC detailing Store! Bought a bar from Japs especially!

Going to try and get Thursday off to clean the car as didn't get chance this weekend

I used some clay today for the first time too and the results were amazing.

I was very relunctant to use it at first because I thought it would do more harm than good to the paint work. Boy was I pleasantly surprised :hehe:

So easy and quick to use with excellent results.

I was using a friends clay today, I will definitely be buying some now...... :)

No as far as I know doesn't touch orange peel - think you need a full respray to get rid of the orange peel effect - it just sorts the surface of the paint out whereas I think the orange peel is a deeper problem in the base coat??

Does it get the paint really flat then and rid of orange peel effects?

No Steve - claying will remove contamination from your paint work, restoring it back to its pristine state.

if your paint work has orange peel, then I suspect you are looking at fine grain sanding down, touching up and repairing - not something I would want to do myself, although I can point you to some useful sources if you really want to

• 2 weeks later...

To remove orange peel 2000 grit wet and dry and G2 colour compound is the key. Ask any body shop, they should be able to do it, although need to check if its okay on solid paint, or clear coat.

You shouldn't need claying on new paintwork, unless it isn't smooth, but seal it with glaze polish so it has less chance of being attacked by dirts.

Aido very kindly got me a clay kit from JAE also - tried it last night and im very impressed with it ( that doesnt happen often! :lol: )

go on get some......................... u know u want to!

ps its also good for cleaning the lenses of the headlights if they are a bit mucky

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a go with some of this stuff. Must be a more economical way of buying than $7 for the kit and $13 for shipping?

It definitely does do something T-cut doesn't do. The paint does look newer rather than just shinier. Hard work though - I was quite pleased when the lube made the clay slip out of my hands and drop in the gritty car park floor. Will use it on the wheels later.

I had the yellow clay, is there a harsher/more abrasive level that works a bit faster. Getting too old to spend a day crouched under the bumpers of a big fat car knowing there's a couple of acres left to do

cheers

Paul