Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlight Washers

Some kind soul has stolen/snapped off my N/S headlamp washer. Looking down into the hole left behind I can see a black assembly with a hole in the middle (where the washer fluid comes out obviously). It looks like the part has been snapped off this black unit so that will probably need to be replaced as well.

Does anyone know how much this will cost to replace? Is it a dealer job and will the bumper need to be removed?

the headlight washer cover ( the bit on the outside of the bumper) screws in from behind/underneath the black part with 2 small philips screws.

you can replace these with the bumper in place, get someone to operate the washer while u are outside, as the washer comes out of the bumper just grab it, u can then see if any damage has been done, or if the thief simply unsrewed the cover!

you can easily hold the washer unit there while u screw the replacement in.

if the actual assembly is damaged, replacement involves removing the bumper, which is easy to do.

Fluff 34567 - thanks for advice but along with washer cover, the washer has been snapped off, so nothing comes out of the bumper when washers are operated. I imagine this means bumper removal then along with unit that moves the washer arm - do you agree? (And any idea how much this would be at a dealer?)

Fluff 34567 - thanks for advice but along with washer cover, the washer has been snapped off, so nothing comes out of the bumper when washers are operated. I imagine this means bumper removal then along with unit that moves the washer arm - do you agree? (And any idea how much this would be at a dealer?)

hi andrew, pity that so much damage has ben done - if u are competent with basic hand tools ( no offence intended) then you can easily do it yourself, there is a guide in the workshop on how to remove the front bumber, the washer unit mounts to the back of the bumper with a few screws and is easy to replace - get the part from a breaker and do it ur self in about 1-2 hours max.

• 1 month later...
Some kind soul has stolen/snapped off my N/S headlamp washer. Looking down into the hole left behind I can see a black assembly with a hole in the middle (where the washer fluid comes out obviously). It looks like the part has been snapped off this black unit so that will probably need to be replaced as well.

Does anyone know how much this will cost to replace? Is it a dealer job and will the bumper need to be removed?

ls 400 '93,

My washers stay on when switched on ihave to switch off car to turn washer off,is there any easy fix for this.It emptys washer bottle in one go !! :huh:

• 1 year later...