Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Charge

Boeing

I finally got it. I can say I am the proud owner of a green 1994 GT-L. It drives superb, got all the options and everything works. Really happy.

There´s just one little thing that bothers me...

When I picked up the car it had been in the shop for a couple of days. They put in an alarm system, changed the cambelt and gave it a full service. When I wanted to leave, the Battery was flat. Jump started it and it worked fine. I drove it home, what took about an hour. Afterwards I only drove little distances with it, untill yesterday when I drove it for about 3 hours.

It starts fine, but if the key is in acc it tells me CHARGE.

Somebody told me that if the engine only runs idle, the alternator doesn´t create enough power to charge the Battery, if you want to charge it you have to drive. So after my trip yesterday I hoped the fault was gone. Unfortunately, it isn´t.

Is this normal? I can´t find the age of the Battery, but it looks quit new to me.

Can somebody tell me anything about this? Or should i just buy a new Battery? (must be pretty expensive...)

Congrats in your new Soarer, one of the best cars ever to be made :D

The "Charge" in the lower display when the key is at Accs is perfectly normal :geek: So don't worry about it. It's because the ignition system is "live" but the engine is not running, it's just waiting on turning the key to start.

Your flat Battery would be just your car not getting a run, when it was still in the Showroom, just give it a good run and see what happens!

Andy

:nuke: You could just beg/borrow a Battery charger? Then see how it is; BUT the best way? Take it for a 60 mile drive...which is what you really want anyway!

A garage can check your Battery to see if it's holding charge OK.

If Battery is like LS400, costs about £60. (Bristol Batteries 2004):driving:

Congrats on the new Soarer - the '94 GT-TL is a beautiful car! B)

As Andy pointed out, it showing "Charge" while the ignition is at 'ACC' without the engine running is normal. If you did ever have to buy a new Battery for it they aren't expensive, £30-£50 would see you right.

Don't forget to reset the ECU so it can 'learn' your style of driving! :shifty:

Sounds like a good'n you got there :)

See if you can post some pics, and/or put it in the 'garage'! (up the top, near the GB flag).

I'll have to keep an eye out for you :) I did see another one in Stortford the other day and had a chat, then saw another in Harlow the same day. I'll have to sell.....they are getting too common ;)

See you around :)