Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What's Going On ?

I've had my IS up for sale for a couple of weeks now and I've only had one call. I thought I'd priced it keenly but possibly not? Or perhaps there's a glut of used ones at the moment.

I appreciate that auto's aren't as attractive as the manual but I'm surprised I'm getting no calls.

I've advertised it in Exchange & Mart, AutoTrader and AutoCar.

The full spec. can be seen HERE. I've advertised it for £13,750, hoping to take around £13,500.

Am I being too hopeful / unreasonable? Anywhere better to advertise?

All comments appreciated. Thank you.

Nothing is selling at the moment - spending is down massively. Few factors:

1. New ones being sold at a discount / good deals

2. People afraid of interest rate rises

3. Summertime - people busy buying holidays etc.

Give it a few weeks and then have another go.

That's a very decent price for such an excellent condition car with nice extras.

Definitely be patient :)

Agreed!!! Rich, just be patient, someone will understand the value of the extras, and Autos are more expensive then manuals!!! :blink:

Ebay?

No way, havent see a lex go there for a decent price for ages (from a buyers point of view).

Most expect something to be dodgy with the car, hence the going rate is low.

Hi

Nothing selling except " DIESELS " This is the biggest seller at the mo, what with speed and Mpg, lower tax bands. I have seen more move off the local forecourts and private dealers,then most!! Guess its a waiting game?

im looking for a is200 se. but not auto soz :P

Have you taken one for test drive? you might be surprised!! I was very recluctant to get an auto, but took one out for Test Drive and loved it, i dont regert it one bit :D

And Ricks car comes with a lot of extras ;)

im looking for a is200 se. but not auto soz :P

Have you taken one for test drive? you might be surprised!! I was very recluctant to get an auto, but took one out for Test Drive and loved it, i dont regert it one bit :D

im sure it is good d00d, but i want the extra speed! :P

not tried ebay - I agree with the comment "may be dodgey" type of scenario.

Trouble is I've already spent around £150 advertising and don't want to do that every couple of weeks. :angry::angry:

I found my Is200 on eBay And I sold my old car through there. It costs about a tenner to list a car which isn't bad really.

worth a shot i'd say

Bang it on eBay mate. I have sold two of my previous vehicles on eBay, neither of which actually met the reserve set, but you will find what happens is, people will contact you and a sale is then usually done privately off auction that is why you dont normally see cars valued over the 5,000 grand mark sell on eBay but will have actually sold privately due to the advertising. Last time i advertised my car on auto trader it cost me £40 quid for a small photo and 40 words, i dont think i had a call, i then put the same car on eBay with 6 or seven good photos and the best part of propably 250 words explaining in detail the history and condition of the car. The phone never stopped i had 3 to 4 viewings and the car sold for the asking price. At auction end the bids had only reached just over £2300. This will benefit you as you dont then have to pay eBay a percentage of the selling cost only an insertion fee which was around about £10. If i was you i would put the auction up for the maximum amount of time and start bidding at a silly starting price with no reserve, this gives potential buyers time to view the car and to generate interest on the bidding. Just remember to add in your auction that the car is advertised elsewhere and you reserve the right to withdraw from auction if sold privately. By doing this you can sell to a private viewer or withdraw at last minute if the bidding is not what you were looking for. If their is any chance of you not being able to cancel at last minute then put a reserve on, i have found personally though bidding goes better if you dont put on a reserve. Good luck.

Well that sounds like a plan !

I'm away after this week for a couple so as soon as I'm back I'll bang it on eBay. I certainly don't fancy forking out another £200 on advertising.

Thanks lexi1 :winky: