Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance For Is200 Se

Am I being too hopeful at looking to buy a IS200 SE at the age of 22? I have been driving since 17 (4 yrs and a bit) however I dont have my own insurance policy - I had to share with my mum and sister on my current Peugoet due to lack of money.

On this policy I have never claimed anything ; no accidents, no points on license etc.

However, now that I have got a job after graduating and a regular income I can afford to go individual. The probs is that I have no no claims bonuses.

So my question is: is it possible to do this, and roughly how much would I be looking on insurance for a s/h IS200 SE. (group 12 I think)

If I have missed anything out regarding info, please let me know. Any advise would be appreciated!

cheers :)

Welcome to the club mate,

We do have a search function on this board you know.... ;) if you type insurance, pages and pages of results come up.

Anyways i've saved work for ya.. linky

cheers dude, looks like i was looking in the wrong part of the board :/

Raz- i got my IS last september and i was 19 at the time am 20 now and paid jus over £2300 with direct line and that was with no no claims discount either.

jeebers, will i really be looking at that much? i suppose that was with direct line. would being 2 yrs older (and 2yrs driving experience) in conjunction with say a cheaper alternative such as elephant.co.uk be a lot cheaper? im a bit clueless when it comes to insurance matters

yep, i was expecting about a grand. im not interested in modding at the moment anyways, so that should be fine. and perhaps even joining the gold club may even lower prices i would hope ;)

thx for help raz

i am with zurich, but go to www.autotrader.co.uk and go to the insurance search engine. its the nuts!

I went from £1400 fc with tesco at 21 with 1 y n/c to £870 f/c.

Not bad eh

Go for it, and dont forget to mod it too.

@dobedo> yeah, i get enough of that **** from my dad, thx! :D

@TheDon> cheers mate, will give that a try as well.

@RazRankin> ill take a look at some of the piccies and see what i think, but i kinda dont like OTT mods plus the expense and reliabilitiy factor! Perhaps later on tho... :D

have you asked your current shared insurers to give you proof of your no claims,, i believe they can do this.. as many people who for example have had company cars for years then get there own car have done this.. so if youve been driving for 4 years without any claims,, and get prrof of this,, your laughing..

have you asked your current shared insurers to give you proof of your no claims,, i believe they can do this.. as many people who for example have had company cars for years then get there own car have done this.. so if youve been driving for 4 years without any claims,, and get prrof of this,, your laughing..

:ohmy: Paul can this be done even if you wearnt the policy holder???

have you asked your current shared insurers to give you proof of your no claims,, i believe they can do this..  as many people who for example have had company cars for years then get there own car have done this.. so if youve been driving for 4 years without any claims,, and get prrof of this,, your laughing..

well im with direct line so I will definitely give that a try...

as you said, if that works, i will be laughing my way down to the pub! :hehe:

edit: just realised that I am not the policy holder so I very much doubt this is gonna work :(

i tried all sorts of online quotes, my results below:

some wouldnt accept my application (More Than, Zurich), dunno why. Said to phone a number, and do this and that, yada, yada, yada...

Tried the AutoTrader insurance search thing. Got an average response - varying from £3,300 (from Lloyds) to £1180 from Bells.

I also tried Tesco who quoted about £1500.

But the best by far was www.elephant.co.uk who quoted £892. Dead pleased with this.

All of the quotes included my father on the list (but me as the primary user of course!) and numerous other details such as 0 no claim bonuses. By increasing the no claims bonuses, the quote went down big time (like £500) but unfortunately this is not the case :(

It is so tempting to cheat on these forms, saying like Im the Company Director! :D

Anyways, anyone else with any decent advise for me to try?

Thx for all the help btw, much appreciated

I don't know whether this is also true for younger drivers, but as a 'clean record, no claims' 49 yr old I found that Toyota/Lexus insurance is easily the cheapest. (If you ring Lexus insurance they answer 'Toyota insurance, can I help you?' so they must be one and the same under the skin. Only snag seems to be that they only give up to 4 yrs in no claims discount.

eg, Toyota (or Lexus) insurance, self and wife, including business use £459

most others around £520, even after telephone discussion (internet quoted prices can often be improved on)

Admiral £715 (eh???) I nearly rang them to ask why they were so far out of line...

They were also easily the cheapest when I used to run a Celica GT. I recall them being tons cheaper than my old insurers (Bell?)

have you asked your current shared insurers to give you proof of your no claims,, i believe they can do this..  as many people who for example have had company cars for years then get there own car have done this.. so if youve been driving for 4 years without any claims,, and get prrof of this,, your laughing..

:ohmy: Paul can this be done even if you wearnt the policy holder???

i would have thought so,, after all your not the policy holder on a company car, only a named person as such.. worth asking though aint it..

I tried confused.com. It was a good way ot get a large number of online quotes, but as i mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, none of the insurers they came up with came within range of my Toyota Insurance renewal terms.

tel 0800 350 500

just got a quote back from confused.com saying that the best they can do is £1146.60.

@michaelH> i suppose that i need to know the Lexus reg plate details in order to get a quote from them right? i havent yet got an is200 yet, but please correct me if im wrong :)

Don't think so Gully, I have just renewed with Lexus/Toyota and found them to be the cheapest and the best service :blink:

ok mate, thx for info.

will definitely give them a go and will report my findings :)