Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Got Written Off!

AltezzaRs200

guys,

It is with great regret i have to inform you that my Altezza RS200 has been written off.

I dont know how much my insurance company are planning to pay off for it but i was wondering if anyone knew what the market value for the following would be:

Altezza RS200, 17 inch alloys, Rear Spoiler, a/c, silver colour, tinted windows e.t.c. Mileage of 40,000 miles. The car hadnt passed SVA and MOT yet. But almost all the work had been done.

Can anyone find out the market value for the car taking into account it hadnt been registered e.t.c?

:huh: I don't know enough about the workings of our club; but, in the Citroen Car Club, they have a system of 'Official valuation' from the club, which helps in cases like these. Aimed mainly at older cars that heve no commercial value, but have been renovated etc.

Do/can we have an equivalent scheme here? :question::question:

Otherwise, do what I did once; gather evidence of other values from ads on E+Mart, Autotrader....Lexus Owners Club...and send to Ins co?

I don't know enough about the workings of our club; but, in the Citroen Car Club, they have a system of 'Official valuation' from the club, which helps in cases like these. Aimed mainly at older cars that heve no commercial value, but have been renovated etc.

Do/can we have an equivalent scheme her

Perhaps that's just for classic car insurance :question::unsure:

:huh: I don't know enough about the workings of our club; but, in the Citroen Car Club, they have a system of 'Official valuation' from the club, which helps in cases like these. Aimed mainly at older cars that heve no commercial value, but have been renovated etc.

Do/can we have an equivalent scheme here? :question::question:

Otherwise, do what I did once; gather evidence of other values from ads on E+Mart, Autotrader....Lexus Owners Club...and send to Ins co?

i really think thats a good idea. i was actually looking around yesterday on the net to see what kind of a price the car goes for.

There is one problem though which the engineer pointed out to me. He said normally they would give the market value of the car but in this case cause its an import and cause it hadnt yet met the uk spec requirements they dont really know how to value it or how to work out its market value.

They did say they would accept a reciept unfortunately i lost that and now i am thinking of doing some research as to how much a car with no sva and mot or registration would be worth in the uk.

do any of you know some companies who import cars and sell them without sva e.t.c.? Cause it would be interesting to see how much they value their cars for?

Scott u'd definately know cause u import cars. how much do you think theyre worth without an sva?

Bad news dude - I hope you 'feel' the road in future and don't use your right foot like a lump of lead.

Recommend - Gran Turismo 3/concept/4 + steering wheel + 800bhp Supra to get it sideways proper under control.

Only span my Lex once, it was on the track however. also recommend some track time too.

mate i was in second gear going in a straight line at roughly 40 mph. The car lost all grip and went in circles a couple of times b4 it ended up partially on the barrier.

Maybe when i say it is a write off you thought its in a right mess. But if u see it you would be hard struck to figure out how did it end up being a right off.

Ive been driving cars for donkey years and ive given them some bad treatment in the past but ive never experienced what i experienced with this altezza.

Im not impressed at all. I have to say that sadly that was the last time ill ever drive or sit in an altezza!

Very very sorry to hear that. I will get my altezza back tomorrow from bodyshop (bus hit me 4 weeks back) and i will be slightly lighter footed on the accl. from now on :(

Good luck with it all!

Maybe when i say it is a write off you thought its in a right mess. But if u see it you would be hard struck to figure out how did it end up being a right off.

If its not that bad get the payout and buy it back from insureres and get it repaired yourself