Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Remote Central Locking Faulty (help)

Hi everyone,

I have just collected my new car (to me any way) and it has a problem ~ The remote central locking is not working.

I have been supplied with 2 keys (1 master and 1 spare)

You have to use the key to unlock the drivers door and then the button on the door to unlock all the other doors.

Any suggestions to what may be the problem, or perhaps advise to whom is best to repair the problem (or should I just go to a main Lexus dealer)

Apart from that I am very happy with my new car, dare I say this on this forum but I have been a Toyota fan for years and would not purchase any other brand.

Please feel free to email me any suggestions direct via kia2000@btinternet.com

Thanks in advance

Ian B)

Congrats on your purchase!

Does the boot open remotely when you hold the relevent button down on the key (I assume all models have this function?). If it does then the key transmitter is working OK, if not then try replacing the Battery in the key.

You say the central locking works when you operate the button on the drivers door so I would think that eliminates a possible blown fuse but it may well be worth checking anyway. If that doesn't sort it then a visit to a dealer may be inevitable. Good Luck!

Graham

sounds stupid mate, but this happened to me once, baffled me for about 30minutes until i realized the back door wasnt completely shut, hardly noticable but enough to stop the central locking working. Just open and shut all your doors to make sure.

I have the same problem with my car, dealer tried to reprogram keys but didn't help, claim to need new central locking unit + locks in all doors (~£1000). Putting up with locking on key and button on door at the moment, if you find a solution let me know.