Sign in to follow this  
Performa

Sard Oil Catch Can

Brought in for a few of our own car use, but due to change of plan i need to sell them now,

If any one would like to collect them in JAE please let me know as i will only be there on Sunday.

15mm fitment, £70.00 + P&P

sard1.jpg

sard2.jpg

sard3.jpg

sard4.jpg

What do these exactly do? :blush:

derrr, they catch oil of course...

i gathered that much paul :P .....

any REAL benefits of having it fitted?

not on a std engine

The following is copied from manufacture website

An oil catch tank works & functions like a crankcase vent filter. In most vehicles, the vented gas & oil are recycled back into the vehicle air intake piping just before the throttle body. An oil catch tank will bypass the connection between the crankcase & air induction intake piping. This will help in relieving the pressure placed against the valve train under severe engine loads. Unlike other crankcase filter (literally a small cotton gauze filter), the SARD Oil Catch Tank will prevent oil dripping onto adjacent engine components. The SARD tank will catch or collect excess engine oil that is vented out by the valve train. This will ensure a clean engine compartment and maintain the custom look of the engine, and at the same time, maximizes engine performance. The compact body (D67 mm x H190 mm) of the SARD Oil Catch Tank is made of all stainless steel construction. With a built-in oil level gauge, a driver can check the quantity of oil collected in the tank. Secure installation is made possible by using a T-bolt crank fastener.

i personally do not like the idea of recycling any burnt oil back into the engine. and i dont see why there is no benific to a standard engine :D

The following is copied from manufacture website

An oil catch tank works & functions like a crankcase vent filter. In most vehicles, the vented gas & oil are recycled back into the vehicle air intake piping just before the throttle body. An oil catch tank will bypass the connection between the crankcase & air induction intake piping. This will help in relieving the pressure placed against the valve train under severe engine loads. Unlike other crankcase filter (literally a small cotton gauze filter), the SARD Oil Catch Tank will prevent oil dripping onto adjacent engine components. The SARD tank will catch or collect excess engine oil that is vented out by the valve train. This will ensure a clean engine compartment and maintain the custom look of the engine, and at the same time, maximizes engine performance. The compact body (D67 mm x H190 mm) of the SARD Oil Catch Tank is made of all stainless steel construction. With a built-in oil level gauge, a driver can check the quantity of oil collected in the tank. Secure installation is made possible by using a T-bolt crank fastener.

i personally do not like the idea of recycling any burnt oil back into the engine. and i dont see why there is no benific to a standard engine :D

because i know it wont benifit a std engine

thats interesting. could you enlight us whats your theory for a oil catch can on STD engine please?!

Sign in to follow this