Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Would You Change?

I've had my RX300-SE for a couple of months now and have to say I'm more than happy with it. Plus points far out-weigh the negatives. If I could change anything it would be (all petty and in no particular order):

Audible alert when alarm is activated/deactivated would be useful.

Climate control could be more flexible, I would like to have the car at a certain temp without having my hands/face frozen by the face level vent.

Driver should be able to control all windows even when disable window button is pressed.

I'd prefer a handbrake to a foot operated parking brake, more useful for steep hill starts.

I'd also like a visual indication of current gear when in drive, I'm still not totally used to an automatic and often kick down too aggressively and end up with the engine screaming like a banshee.

Rearview mirror included in the wing mirror and seat memory.

Oh, and It would have been nice to get ICE and Sat Nav thrown in for free :P

So what's on your wishlist?

My RX which gives visual gear display on the dash /Clocks ?

Also when manual select and change gear with the steering wheel buttons it gives visual indication of gear changes.

Yes Colin that is what I am saying. When I select drive,it comes up on the dash 1 2 3 4 and same when I change down. It displays what gear you are in.

When I use the car in manual mode through the steering wheel it does the same .

As you select the gear the readout comes up on the dash.

Three things:

1. I'd prefer it if the car chose not to store some rainwater just above the drivers door ready to drip on me as I get in (or is my door seal knackered ?).

2. An I6 rather than the V6 (if there is room), the RX just doesn't sound as nice as my old IS

3 Flappy paddle things behind the steering wheel for the semi-manual, the gear lever is far too far to reach to change gear, hence I never bother.

A lower boot level. It breaks my short arms loading holiday luggage and someone's put a scratch on my back bumper as it is too easy to rest heavy items on when trying to load the boot.

:o

Good forum, hopefully someone in Lexus Marketing is listening. I would like a more powerful but economical engine for a start. I do feel that the current 3.0 litre is underpowered for such a heavy car - I find the gear box screaching a times just trying to maintain that 80mph on the motorway as you encounter a slight incline!

Also would love to be able to get rid of the wooden trip and get some Aluminium in there - I know it's cheaper but for me it is much smarter. Maybe at 34 I am too young to be driving a Lexus ;)

Anyway all in all I do like the car and will take a peek at the hybrid when it finally arrives to see if it responds to some of my minor critisms.

I just clocked 14000 km (in only 3 months, not bad)

Things that I would like to see changed:

-build in phone (Bluetooth connection and on screen phone navigation is coming this year , Lexus Italy told me)

-Sunglasses compartment

-coins/ credit-parking card compartment

-cooled glove compartment

-rain sensor on back window

-cupholder at passengers side

-Memory rear mirror (like the exterior ones)

-A bit more power

-No more wood inlays (I suppose I need the Hybrid then?)

-Aircon is nice, but it's true that hand get frozen quickly. In the back 2 more vents at the sides would be nice.

But I love this car. It's the best car I've had by far!

Ok things I would change.

1. Arm rests they are hopeless make them more like the Range Rover's so you can adjust the position.

2. Camera on the front.

3. Bigger engine.

4. Ambient lighting to a different colour.

5. Centre console more bulky like a real 4x4.

Some interesting points raised! For what it's worth here is my two cents..........

First on the back of the other requests........

" - Sunglasses compartment" - mine has one - it's the bit in the centre console with the foam inlay?

"-cooled glove compartment

-rain sensor on back window

-Memory rear mirror (like the exterior ones)" - oh yes, good shout here!

"I'd prefer a handbrake to a foot operated parking brake, more useful for steep hill starts." - eh have I missed something - it's an auto? Right foot on brake, left foot release foot brake, both feet on brake then right foot on accelerator then release brake? Works for me! And even that is only on verrrrrry steep hills normal hils the auto holds the car from rolling back.

Others I would add to the list.........

Bluetooth phone - know it's coming, can't wait.

front parking sensors like the LS430 - i.e. on screen

keyless entry - like, erm, again the LS430

and most importantly.......................

An electronic sign on the back windscreen with pricing and full spec of RX followed by "READ IT AND WEEP X5 DRIVER"

that's all.........

John

My RX300 had its first check up today, Got an LS430 for some hours...

The cooled seats are a very nice feature.. wouldn't mind having this in my car. And there is space for coins, credit cards, motorway tickets, fridge...