Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Headunit Fitted

i got the Alpine CVA 1004 R headunit with motorised screen , 6 disc cd/mp3 player

i had to get a conversion lead for it from alpine wiring to lexus ones i just used a toyota one from autoleads seems to do the trick , will be adding on my PS2 to it pretty soon for my dvd and gaming action , next up is 2 screens in the headrests.. :D

just a quick note gavin, as you have the sport model you also have a different wiring loom than the s varient.

It would require you to run new speaker wires to all the speakers seeing as you will have to bypass the lexus amplifier.

I think it is possible to fit an aftermarket h/u on the IS200 and use the OEM amplifier. I fitted a Sony MP3 player to my fathers Toyota 4Runner and kept the OEM amp working. I got a lead from Autoleads which plugged into the phono connections on the back of the Sony.

but as of yet there is no such adaptor for the is200. which is a shame coz i would have junked the standard head unit months ago if they did.

If you do find something then please shout out coz i cant wait to put in a mp3 player

Gavin : its a seperate 6 disc changer mate, can get the h/u , 6 disc changer and dvd player as a package for 900 ish but i never got the dvd player as i bought mine from my mate had it only 5 weeks in his car but used it 3 or 4 times i paid 300 for it "deal of the year" will be adding on my tv tuner , dvd player and possibly a PS2 , was toying with the idea of a PC but to much hassle.

i used a lead i got in Halfords to connect to my standard wiring ( Car Audio connector code number PC2-17-4 ) for models Daihatsu / Toyota

found 3 parts going into rear of standard unit but only 2 go into new part but is running ok without the 3rd one

but as of yet there is no such adaptor for the is200. which is a shame coz i would have junked the standard head unit months ago if they did.

The Don,

I think Brettser posted something about this lead on a thread way back some time ago. He may have got it from the US for the IS300. I'm not sure if it worked for him or not, might be worth dropping him a PM?