Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turbo Timer (cooler)

mikel

Insurance don't like it messes with the CAT 1 alarm.

If the car is running for 2 mins after you lock the doors, the immobiliser ain't on.

It needs to work with your alarm - I just leave it in NEUTRAL for 2 mins after a fast run.

I also looked into this, but the insurance company stated that they would either up the cost or not insure me due to the risk of leaving the engine running attended, also the alarm would not set due to the timer.

If I've given the TT's a run, a normally drive slowly for the last 1 - 2 miles to give the cooling down time, then switch off after I'm ready to go in, usally about 30 secs.

BR

Paul

I've got the Apexi pen-thin turbo timer installed using a HKS harness that directly plugs into ignition. The problem is the car's alarm won't arm itself coz it was fooled into thinking that the engine is still running. You will have to lock your car with the key and not with the remote. But that's not the right proper way to do it....

Cant remember what make my timer is but my toad alarm has the facilty to arm its self and allow for the timer to run. But the only trouble i have is that the car has got anti hijack on it so when engine stops it automaticly opens the doors. then 60 secs later if no one has touched it the alarm relocks it. tried to find the hijack setting with a dianostic computer but ecu does not have any comfort settings in it so will have to find wire and cut it. then will just have to remember to lock doors manualy before driving off.